Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/17)

++++

Husker?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I've lost track of how many times Bonds has done this throughout the season. He's not in a great position to come back. The NL West is sickening and why risk getting injured when your team has a slight chance of winning and are below .500? If he wants to break Hank Aaron's record someday, which I don't think he will, come back next year and we'll be hearing talk of steroids, BALCO, etc.

+++ simply because the Giants have no chance of winning.

ATL?

MLB ERA
    San Fransisco is 7 games behind in the division race, and 11.5 games behind in the wild card race. It makes zero sense for Bonds to come back prematurely and risk his career when his team is going nowhere, and when he is so close to breaking the record. He needs to continue rehabbing and getting back to playing shape before he should even think about stepping back on to the diamond.

It's FranCisco.

+++ anyway.

Next up, the obligatory TO discussion: He returned to Eagles camp, talked to Reid, everything went peachy, went and caught some balls. Is this thing over between TO and the Eagles? Around the Horn to Husker.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    This isn't over. I'm so sick and tired of hearing this guy babbling on with his contract and Drew Rosenhaus is a puppet. He's not really trying to work anything out with the Eagles. The Eagles are not going to give in and T.O. should just respect his contract and since he's not doing anything, get rid of him. He's such a cancer to Philadelphia and its not even funny. This soap opera is vastly similar to Larry Brown's saga with Detroit: IT NEVER ENDS!

+++

Atl?

MLB ERA
    No, I don't think it's over.

I think the holdout is going to backfire in T.O.'s face. He is going to end up compromising and playing without the new deal, when all is said and done with. He did cross the line criticizing his QB, but when you are as dominating as T.O. is.. Donovan is just going to have to grit his teeth and bare the pain.

+++

Dominating? C'mon kids, give me some stats.

Mission?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Between the Eagles as an organization and TO? For the next few months, I doubt we will hear much more of this situation. But between the Eagles as a team and TO? I don't think so. I think the effects of TO's attitude this offseason and this recent "timeout" will have longterm effects. The front office can learn to suck it up because they need TO but I doubt his teammates will be as forgiving and even if their isnt an out and out conflict, tension will be there in full force. If TO can show some human emotion, make an apology to his teammates, and a promise to keep his eye on the prize while he works with them.... then it could be over.

Nicely done. ++++

C'mon, you letting Mission dominate you like this? Slyder, what say you?

MLB ERA
    There is no thinking when it comes to this subject. This is far from being over. TO isnt the only big name on Philly that wants more money. Brian Westbrook took TO's lead and has sit out of Training Camp unhappy with his contract. Back to the lead stooge in this situation.

TO is still about #1 first, second, third, and fourth. He will still make things rough for teammates but when your star gets you 1200 yds and 14 tds, inspite of missing 2 regular season (not including playoffs) games with a broken freaking leg you got to grin and tolerate his disruption. TO wont miss games or give the Eagles a chance to fine him, but he can still do a lot of things to show his disapproval in the locker room.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Nice, stats=points. A winner is you. ++++

We're taking a short commercial break to pay the bills and then we dim the lights for a little buy or sell. HORN!

Buy now, sell later! FIRST TOPIC:

Dandy Randy Moss is the center of a team-wide lovefest in Oakland. Everyone loves him, he's a great leader, blah blah blah. Buy this lovefest lasting the whole season...Around the Horn to Mission.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll buy it. This team is setup to score and Kerry Collins will want to have Moss's lovechild once this season is over.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast