Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/5)

Around the Horn (8/5)

Welcome back to the show of competitive banter, Big Word Friday edition. Lets say hello to our national panel.

Reporting for the Seattle Times, Porter.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All Hail King Felix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

From the Boston Globe, Fishercat.

Curt Schilling has a sub-3 ERA in the closer role in his last 13 appearences. Talk about being unable to do the job.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

From nowhere, Realmofotalk.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey, you guys heard about Derek Lowe's current extramarital affair? Oh, nevermind, you guys don't care.

And the last established member of our panel, CincyRedsFan.

MLB ERA
    I'm back and on steroids... you better watch out!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Alright alright alright...you know the rules: Ten topics, one winner. Do that thing I like..HORNTIME!

And we start off the day with the Yanks; Sheffield, in particular. Basically, Gary Sheffield insinuated that Derek Jeter and A-Rod are not the leaders of the Yankees. Guys...are you OK with Sheff's comments? Around the Horn to Fisher.

Absolutely. Let's face it, we know A-Rod isn't the leader type, he attached like a fish to the roof of a shark's mouth as soon as he reached New York, a big-me of sorts. I don't know Jeter in the clubhouse, but when Sheffield speaks, as arrogant as he may be at times, he is typically right. If he's been in the clubhouse as long as A-Rod has and says neither of them are leaders, I would think a player with his experience would know. The Yankees need someone to kick them and get them riled up again to catch up to Boston, and with Giambi as their driving force, they need it bad. Good for Gary.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

++++

Porter, what say you?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I want what Sheff is smoking. Derek Jeter is the captain of this team for a reason. Where does he go off say stuff like that when he almost gets into it with fans, whines about being dealt, and now this? The best thing Gary Mefield needs is a pacifier to shut him up. When has a guy that said he tanked plays to get traded from a team says hes a leader. That just baffles me to no end. Jeter is the leader.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

+++

Crf?

MLB ERA
    No, I'm not OK with the comments. First of all, Sheffield doesn't have seniority on that team. Jeter has been a steady and consistent force for the Yankees since he's been there. He's not having his best year this year, but he has still been a part of some of the best Yankees teams in recent memory, which have also been some of the better teams in recent baseball memory. As for A-Rod... he is simply outperforming Sheffield this year. A-Rod has a 1.000 OPS, while Sheffield's is at .915. He has no room to talk about him at all. He needs to shut his mouth and take his frustrations on the team's struggles out elsewhere. And if he wants to blame anyone, how about blaming the starting pitchers, who have been up and down all year long?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast