Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Around the Horn (7/30)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I cannot see success for Darko at Detroit, especially that Flip Saunders is the Pistons' new head coach. Both Larry Brown and Flip Saunders aren't known for developing young players. During Flip's time in Minnesota, he had Rasho Nesterovic, William Avery, Ndudi Ebi, and none of them have developed under Flip. Wally Szczerbiak hasn't performed on the court well enough that his name isn't out the trade rumors page every year. The Pistons will be trying to win the title every season, and I can't see Flip wanting to put Darko out there except for garbage time.

Point to Bipster. Darco doing anything would be a success for the Pistons organization.

Next up, HOF inductees Wade Boggs and Ryan Sandberg. Who's the better player, Mofo?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have to go with Ryne Sandberg. He was a good batter with some pop in his bat. He had .285 career batting average and 282 home runs, and that's not bad for a 2nd baseman. He also played tremendous defense, racking up 9 gold gloves at second base. Truly one of the better all around 2nd basemen of all time.

Bipster?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Wade Boggs career stats look like this.328 bavg, .415OBP, .443 slg, Rhyno was .285bavg, .344OBP, .452slg........even though Boggs wasn't considered a slugger and Rhyno was considered a slugger (for a 2b) there slugging stats weren't all that different. Boggs, who batted in the 2 hole much of the time managed to drive in 1014 rbi in his career, while Sandberg drove in 1061 from the 3 hole. Wade Boggs was clearly the better player here based on sheer consistency, Boggs had 7 straight years of 200 hits or more

Boggs also has a 267.0 HOF Monitor stat, comparted to 157.5 for Sandberg. He also won a WS, unlike Sandberg, who never left the 1st round. Point and the win to Bipster. The face time is yours.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Fellas, I would love to stay and chat and drop some knowledge on you but I have my own birthday party to go to.....Realmofo, clean this up for me. I'm out
    *RUNS*

Bipster, a winner is you.

Mofo, the face time is yours.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I just want to take this time to tell the Dodger fans, that no, DePodesta is not going get Adam Dunn, Jason Schmidt, Todd Helton, A.J. Burnett, or even Matt Lawton. As long as his two bosses, Mr. and Mrs. McCourt are running things, DePodesta is reduced to their puppet.

And that's going to do it for tonight's special edition of Around the Horn. Be sure to tune in on Monday...

HORN!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456