Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/30)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sell. He's not going anywhere. Manny is a huge part of the Red Sox offense to say the least. He bats .300, slams over 35 homers, and drives in 100+ runs every season. How do you trade someone like that? Add in his huge contract, and how many teams are going to give up equal talent for that contract? The Red Sox certainly won't be getting Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock in return, so they are better off keeping Manny instead of dumping him for salary reasons.

+++ to Kingdom and ++++ to Mofo.

Bipster, you're up.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I am selling this, Manny is Manny, he has pulled this tired act before (about 6 times in the last 4 years) and the Red Sox haven't traded him yet, why would they start now. He is on pace to hit .273 with 44hr and 146rbi this year, you can't trade a guy that hits that way. Besides, Manny is making a cool 19,800,000 this year there isn't many teams that can take on that kind of payroll. If you are relegated to only getting Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron back in return for Manny and a couple of your best prospects you shouldn't trade him at all. Theo is one of the best GM's in the business and he realizes this, Manny will not be traded.

++++

Next topic: Jose Guillen's slide, aimed directly at Chipper's privates. Buy or sell it being a dirty play. Kingdom, what say you?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sell, it was just a hard play at third. Mostly frustration cause Guillen is realizing the Braves can't be stopped and the division is out of his and the Nats' hands. He did apologize right then and there after the play.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

+++
    He did threaten to "show you a dirty play" when Chipper said he'd take out Vidro.

Bipster?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Sell, It's not a dirty play, it's called playing hard and trying to break up a play....If it takes a shot to the privates to knock the ball lose and make you safe then it is a shot to the privates you do. If Chipper, and I love him, is real worried about where people are sliding into him, he shouldn't be on the field. It is no different then a runner trying to break up a double play with a leg sweep or or a runner barrelling over the catcher at home. No where in the rule books does it say that you can't slide into someone to break up a play

++++

Mofo?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Buy, duh. He's aiming at someone else's privates. Everyone but Andrew Golata would know that's a dirty play. Jose's been known to carry a grudge in heated situations as he showed when he publicly cursed out Mike Scoiscia after the Brendan Donnelly situation. It shouldn't surprise anyone that dirty Jose wants to take out Chipper in a heated division race.

++++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    Sell, Guillens rep is getting in the way of this. It was late in the game, close, he was trying every way to get into that bag and i'm sure he just didn't expect chipper to be standing like that. Right after Jose realized what he had done he had gotten up and appologized quickly. It wasn't nice, but it wasn't dirty.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Next up: the old ball coach. Buy or sell Steve Spurrier being successful in SC. Around the Horn to Mofo.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Buy. Spurrier showed he was most dominant coach in the SEC and he will show it once again with the Gamecocks. Spurrier has gotten it done with the likes of Danny Wuerffel and Doug Johnson so he doesn't need a big-time quarterback to win. The Gamecocks will definitely improve with the Fun-n-Gun spread offense over last year when Troy Williamson couldn't get 1000 yards.

++++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    The guy is a genious college football coach. Of course he will have success. Anything short and it you'll start wondering wtf is up.

buy.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast