Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/30)

++++
    Mofo, finish him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No question the Eagles are in more trouble. TO was McNabb's main offensive weapon, with 1200 yards and 14 TDs. McNabb's next two WRs, FredEx and Pinkston combined for just 1053 yards and 3! TDs. Needless to say, if TO sticks to his holdout, McNabb may be looking at Reggie Brown, Billy McMullen, and Pinkston as his go to guys. Yikes. With McDougle suffering a gunshot wound, the Eagles' D takes a big hit with Kearse as its only reliable bookend defensive end.

On the other hand, Bill Belichick's Patriots has shown they can overcome key losses in their defense, such as the departures of Lawyer Milloy and the injury to Ty Law last season.

+++++ Very nice as well. Ghetto and Kingdom, you should be ashamed to be taken to school by a rook and a drunkard like this.

Next up, Mo Clarett, who looks like a bigger man nowadays. When he signed his contract a few days ago, he chose to forego $400,000 in guaranteed money, saying he should "earn it." Guys..is Clarett reformed? Around the Horn to Ghettochild.

MLB ERA
    I like this guys style. He's already signed a contract with the broncos, so he already doesn't need anymore money. Granted he's fifth on the depth chart, so that money he wants to earn isn't happening any time soon, but he can earn up to a million if he rushes for 1000 yards.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Mofo, what say you?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    For someone who went to the courts to try to have the NFL age limit overturned just so he can reap a huge payday in the NFL at age 20 and now we hear he turns down $400,000 guaranteed money?? You better believe he is reformed. We all know Shanahan likes to play musical chairs with his running backs, so who knows if Clarett will ever "earn it."

+++

Kingdom?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This must be an off day for sports if we have to talk about the Broncos 99th string running back. Who cares if he's reformed, he has to be able to play and prove he's better than (or at least as good as) Tatum Bell or Mike Anderson. More than likely, he's going to be about as good as Lawrence Phillips was, who I'm sure bipster will say is just "awessssssso *hiccup* mmeeee". Either way, being reformed doesn't mean he's worthwhile on the field.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

++++

Bipster? You still with us?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Reformed, he is as reformed as a crack attic. It is about time that Clarett and someone (David Kenner, Claretts attorney and advisor) talked some sense into this kid. Clarett has the potential to be the next Ryan Leaf in the drama department. Drama has followed Clarett through his high school days, when he was and wasn't in college at Ohio State and he will have his fair share of drama in the NFL. Unfortunately for Clarett, the escalator bonuses in his contract don't kick in until he rushes for 1000 yards and with the likes of Tatum Bell, Quinton Griffin, Mike Anderson, and even the uneventful Ron Dayne ahead of him on the depth chart Clarett doesn't appear to be headed towards the millionaires club this year or anytime soon. In fact, Clarett should start the drama soon, and once he realizes that Kenner was only looking to improve Claretts PR instead of his pocket book he should fire Kenner. Clarett doesn't have a prayer to rush for a 1000 yards, not only because of the depth chart situation, but remember boys and girls....he ran a 4.6 forty (some linemen run that), with "breakaway" speed like that he will need to tote the ball just over 500 times this year.

+++ All of that and you said...nothing? You remind me of Woody.

Enough of this round! Three way tie at the top with 8, ghetto with a measley 6.

Buy or sell is next.

Buy now, sell later!

First off: The Manny deal. Needless to say, this needs no introduction. Buy or sell Manny being traded by the start of Spring Training. Around the Horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Sell. Manny was pulled 10 minutes to the gametime. That doesn't happen unless something serious happened to him or he's getting traded. Theres something going down tonight and you don't get pulled 10 minutes from a game, that not only they probably need to win cause of the yankees win today, just for show.

[Mute] You're selling..but you're saying Manny's getting traded? You're confused. -Gen
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++ but a mute for stupidity.

Kingdom, it's horntime.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to not so whole heartedly buy this for the reason that his contract is going to limit his buyers, so to speak. I mean, if the guy is happy, his ego will be in check. But he's rarely happy. He's fantastic hitter, but there's just been too many detractors for Boy Wonder to keep him around. I just hope they were to get something more than Mike Cameron or ..Huff 'n' Puff.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast