Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/25)

Around the Horn (7/25)

Welcome.. to the show that scores the argument. In today's show, four men will once again battle it out to be called the king of the Horn. And here are they now!

Making his first appearance, yet another Reds fan..our own Supermod..Redsrbetter!

Also making his first appearance...you guessed it, he's a Reds fan...Bipster!

And now, the usual suspects:

Returning from France, Ghettochild, who will try and remind us about how he can't win on the road.

Finally, last and least important, simply because he's a Tribe fan, Guybrush, who has yet to win the big one.

Ten topics...only one winner. Alas...it is Horntime!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I'm straight from St Boous and I'm here to own you guys, or maybe I'll flame out.....

Regardless, let's get it on

MLB ERA
    france was nice, but i had to come back...i just flat out missed you statboy.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well I am here for the first time and I guarantee it will not be the last. Time for you guys to see what is inside the mind of redsrbetter. Lets get this going guys!

Rookie ERA
    Indians rule, watch it pal.

Lets get this show on the road with the first topic...

Speaking of the road...it's Ricky! In camp! Playing football! Williams practiced today for the first time in two years, after being welcomed back by his teammates...or so it seems. Guys...what do you expect from Ricky this season, production-wise? Around the Horn to Bipster.

MLB ERA
    I expect that Ricky will be a very good backup, but that isn't important. What is important is that the Dolphins are in a no lose situation. Ricky will come back and add depth at RB (something that they didn't have last year), if he shows signs of his past on the football field then the Dolphins can trade him for maybe a 3rd and 4th rd draft pick for added depth next year. One thing is for certain though, and that is that Ricky won't start at the beginning of the season as he has to sit out for 4 games, and with the expected signing of Ronnie Brown tomorrow, he will be the starter. Ricky will rush for 700 yards as a backup (more than anyone on the team last year) and will find the end zone a handful of times. Welcome back Ricky Welcome Back, enjoy your stay just don't teach Ronnie any of the alternative ways of life.

++++ Very nice first response.

Redsr?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I expect absolutely nothing. I hope I am wrong as I miss the guy ripping through defenses, but he just is not the muscle bound hard charger that he once was. The man has lost 13 pounds and may have become a stranger to the game for a while. If he does make a good comeback, it will take a whole lot of work and dedication. Which he may have to find time between that and his love of the reefer.

I say he will not make any numbers worth talking about positively.

+++ Being a Reds fan makes you a pessimist, huh.

Guybrush?

Rookie ERA
    If I were a Dolphins fan I wouldnt mind seeing Ricky start. We know he has a lot of talent and has produced before. If Brown doesnt look ready keep him out, Ricky can handle it. I think he will start several games this year and will put uyp decent numbers. Not much risk in playing him for the Phins.

+++

Ghettochild, you there?

I said improve on, not increase. Ghetto, if you wait some more, you can submit that for Wednesday.

MLB ERA
    sorry about that, there was a net outage in my area.

I don't really expect ricky to do much. Once their first round pick signs i expect ricky to start no more than 4 or 5 games after that. The guy is a bafoon. He ditches his team, his fans, and especially himself just to go smoke dope and follow lenny kravitz. If i were gunna atleast follow someone around, i'd pick a better canidate.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    It shouldn't matter that Ricky has lost 13 pounds from his last year as a Dolphin, he was often criticized that year for gaining to much weight (albeit 6 pounds) from the year before. Everybody was saying it was the extra pounds that he gained that made him lose breakaway speed. Thus he went from 4.8 yards per carry down to 3.5 yards per carry. He will gain his breakaway speed back this yea[Mute] Who said you can speak? Good point though, for once. ++
    -Gen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast