Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pardon The Interruption (7/23)

MLB ERA
    It's baffling to me. Despite his recent struggles, he's still near the top of the league in ERA, but if the Marlins want to think of making a deep playoff run sometime soon, they are going to need him to be a much more consistent player than what he has been.

So, we are now going to discuss Kenny Rogers. After his latest camera incident...the mental health of the guy should be highly questioned. It would also seem that extending his suspension might not be a bad idea. Tony, what do you think about Kenny Rogers, and do you think he should have an increased suspension and/or be forced into getting some kind of mental help?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Suspend this idiot. Suspend him for 40 games; make him do 300 hours of community service. Baseball is all about interaction with your players, being able to talk to them, ask for autographs, take pictures, watch them on TV. What Rogers did was dampen the player-fan relationship, VIA the media. I know you're quite the conservative little fairy, so how do you feel the MLB should handle this situation?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I don't even think 40 games is enough at this point. Though it may seem extreme, I'd suspend him for the season. That would teach him a lesson. And, just in case it didn't, I'd force him into going to some type of psychiatric facility for a time. I think the guy needs some time off from all of the hustle and bustle of MLB, and I don't think he should be on a mound the rest of the year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

I have nothing else to say. Amen.

Scratch that, I do have something to say:

OVER/UNDER IS COMING UP AFTER THE COMMERCIAL BREAK!

Time for everyone's favorite game, a game where I show my complete dominance over Wilbon...the game where I exhert my ownage over the entire world: Buy or Sell!

First off: Larry Brown wins 40 games as Knicks' head coach.

MLB ERA
    Under 40 wins for the team. Brown isn't a clown, but the Knicks' owner sure is. The team is awful and not even Larry can fix them. Sell.

Oh, how dead wrong are you Wilbon..how can you not BUY this? This is Larry Brown! In the East! Going .500 is not that hard, especially with only 4 teams to worry about. If the Knicks don't pull something absolutely STUPID, he can win 43 games.

NEXT!

Over/under 16 wins for Barry Zito.

MLB ERA
    Buy. He started the year slow but has been better lately and already has eight wins.

I'm going with OVER as well, and the exact figure is..17. He's been brilliant lately. Remember, this is Barry Zito.

NEXT!

Over/under: TO plays 15 games.

MLB ERA
    Buy. He'll stay healthy and will play, despite all of his moaning.

He's an attention whore, he plays every game. Over, 16, barring injury.

NEXT!

Last one: over/under 3 hairs on my head on January 1st, 2006.

MLB ERA
    Under. Don't you already have under three Tony?

Wilbon, you obviously need new glasses; I have seven, currently. I go with way way over. Next week, I magically sprout a mullet.

Over-Under is OVER! I win, as usual. Complete and utter dominance.

Five good minutes is next, where we are joined by our good friend Porter.

MLB ERA
    We are here to talk about Barry Bonds now. The guy changes his mind almost daily on whether or not he'll be back this year. Some question whether or not he'll even EVER be back to try to break all of the HR records. So, will Barry play again this year...and will he EVER play again? Also, SHOULD he ever play again? Time for Five...Good... Minutes. Hey Porter!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think Barry should just pack it in this season. I think hes just playing the media with a string of yarn and they are the cat. He should play in 2006. But not 2005.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast