Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 College Football/Basketball Season

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NCAA 2011-2012 College Football/Basketball Season

I swear we had a thread. Perhaps not. Hey, here's a great story of how no one in the world noticed an egregious error:

Mid-American commissioner Jon Steinbrecher says no way to vacate Syracuse Orange win - ESPN

Oops.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011-2012 College Footbal/Basketballl Season

Remember the time Kansas beat Nebraska 76-39 in the sport with the brown oblong ball, not the one with the orange round ball?

MLB ERA

In Luck I trust... that is all.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Joe Paterno leads the "We Are" chant to a group of brainwashed morons:

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011-2012 College Football/Basketball Season

The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right.
    To the victims or whatever...tough life...but anyway you guys have been great! WE ARE...PENN STATE!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

We are.....pedophiles!

We are.....criminals in suits!

We are.....coachless.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Paterno fired! Not sure I agree with the decision

MLB ERA

@MarkMaddenX Mark Madden Don't believe this can get worse? Give it 72 hrs. People really digging into Second Mile. Even more shocking revelation is ahead. Yikes.

I'm not going to say anything more about it until this comes out. I've purposefully not read the court documents.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What a shame. Who could have guessed that JoePa's career would end because his long-time defensive coordinator turned out to be a pedophile and that he was part of the cover-up?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    What a shame. Who could have guessed that JoePa's career would end because his long-time defensive coordinator turned out to be a pedophile and that he was part of the cover-up?
    I'm not ready to say JoePa covered up directly. Its why I'm waiting to hear about the crap about to come out.

Willfully ignornant? Maybe
    Senile? Maybe
    I wondered if maybe JoePa thought that he went to the AD and seeing both McQueary and the DC both still employed and just assumed nothing was discovered in the investigation. If this were remotely true JoePa was still done as soon as it broke, regardless because this is a pr fight that ANY coach at ANY school couldn't win, regardless of him running into the bathroom and beating the pedophile to near death.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

some of the shit ive been hearing today... theres no way joepa didnt know about this. he was caught in 2000 and 2002, and was still around the program in 04, 05 and 06... get the fuck out of here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll give JoePa the benefit of the doubt that he didn't directly cover it up, but that's just ignorant for him to assume that the shower incident was unsubstantiated when the information was straight from one of his own subordinates.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I'm not ready to say JoePa covered up directly. Its why I'm waiting to hear about the crap about to come out.

Willfully ignornant? Maybe
    Senile? Maybe
    I wondered if maybe JoePa thought that he went to the AD and seeing both McQueary and the DC both still employed and just assumed nothing was discovered in the investigation. If this were remotely true JoePa was still done as soon as it broke, regardless because this is a pr fight that ANY coach at ANY school couldn't win, regardless of him running into the bathroom and beating the pedophile to near death.
    You act like he wasn't involved in anything. I'm sure if someone comes to you accusing your defensive coordinator of 30 years, and long time friend. You would have A.) Interest in what resulted. B.) If McQueary was making things of a horrific nature up why would you want him on your staff? Why would you have such a person around you? If you really believed McQueary why would you be ok with Sandusky still using the facilities. I'd want that man banned from campus. Since it's Paterno I'm sure he could make that happen.

I also find it hard to believe that in 1998 when Sandusky had charges against him that went to the DA. That Paterno would be completely in the dark about that. Even if Paterno was completely ignorant to what went on around him for 30 years. Wouldn't it throw up red flags to you if you knew a friend was being accused of child molestation and OH WAIT he does all this work with children? If you are aware he's a sexual predator you should want to protect all the children he's coming in contact with.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    You act like he wasn't involved in anything. I'm sure if someone comes to you accusing your defensive coordinator of 30 years, and long time friend. You would have A.) Interest in what resulted. B.) If McQueary was making things of a horrific nature up why would you want him on your staff? Why would you have such a person around you? If you really believed McQueary why would you be ok with Sandusky still using the facilities. I'd want that man banned from campus. Since it's Paterno I'm sure he could make that happen.

I also find it hard to believe that in 1998 when Sandusky had charges against him that went to the DA. That Paterno would be completely in the dark about that. Even if Paterno was completely ignorant to what went on around him for 30 years. Wouldn't it throw up red flags to you if you knew a friend was being accused of child molestation and OH WAIT he does all this work with children? If you are aware he's a sexual predator you should want to protect all the children he's coming in contact with.
    Note the next line in my post "If this were remotely true", I was just throwing out a scenario because seeing the massive witch hunt of coverage. First reporter: Joe should go at the end of the year; Second Reporter: Joe should be fired after today (last home game), Third Reporter: Joe Should be gone today!, Fourth Reporter: Joe should been gone as soon as this broke, Fifth Reporter: Joe should be gone immediately and have every win forfeited, etc. Some of the coverage makes you think it was Joe Pa that was the sick fool who did this.

All the holier than thou talk about "well I would have done..." is bs. You don't know how you handle a situation until you get there. Look at the story of the janitor that has surfaced. He saw Sandusky with one of the boys told his superiors and out of fear of retribution on campus they didn't go anywhere. If what is being said is true you are seeing that with McQueary, he's left PSU campus (its disputed whether he's in witness protection or not) because of death threats he has received. What do you think would happen in the court of public opinion if this janitor had said something on that campus? The moment Sandusky steps out and says "The accusations are false, I have made it my lifes goal to help unfortunate kids have a chance at something better with Second Life" the masses grab their pitchforks and torches and go after the janitor. I mean just look at this stupidity after Joe Pa was fired.

I hope I would beat the snot out of the old perv until cops arrived, but I see myself capable of doing a lot of things (grabbing a gun painting the room red comes to mind). I don't know exactly how I would react because I have never been in that situation and I pray that I am never in that situation to find out.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rookie ERA

Holy shit!! My (usually terrible) Cyclones just beat the number two team in the country!
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast