Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn! (First Three Episodes)

+++

Cincy, what say you?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I'm going to Buy this. I think he will make an impact on his new team. I'm not sure if it will be a "team chaning" impact, but I do think he'll make one. He knows what it takes to win, being on the Patriots, and up until last year, he didn't have to deal with injury issues. Before last year, he recorded at least 41 tackles EVERY single year. If nothing else, he has been steady and consistent. He has 11 years of NFL experience, and will provide a vet. influence on whatever team he signs with.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

++ Cincy slowing down, perhaps? Around the Horn to guybrush.

Rookie ERA
    Buy. Regardless of what team he goes to, he is going to make an impact and will proabably be their best corner. Even at "85%", he will be very dangerous. Look for him to get several interceptions this coming year and significantly help someone's defense.

++

Final Word: Huskerfan.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Absolutely I'm buying this. I heard a rumor that he signed with the Chiefs and boy that would certainly help their strug-a-ling defense. Eric Warfield will be suspended for 4 games following a third DUI arrest. This means the chances, if that rumor is true, Ty Law will sign with the Chiefs. One key defensive guy will really help them and if he can stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs win the AFC West because of an impact player like Law and make it far into the playoffs.

++++ Good answer, good stat.

*HOOOOORN*

Well well well...Porter is the lone man out. Any last words?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i would like to say......damn you Thomas to hell i was robbed...i feel like woody..............(Mute.)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Here's how they stand: Cincy with 14, Husker with 12, Guybrush with 10. Out of Bounds is next.

Its...Out of Bounds!

Johnnie Estrada got slapped with a 3 game suspension today for arguing with homeplate unmpire Angel Hernandez. On the other hands, David Wells got a 6 game suspension for "making contact" with an umpire. Who's the bigger loss to their team? Cincy, enlighten us.

MLB ERA
    I'm going to have to go with Estrada here. Wells has pitched better overall lately, but he will only miss ONE start for a team who is playing well(and has an offense who can make up for him not pitching). Estrada will miss three games behind the plate, and while he doesn't have great stats., he will be missed by a Braves offense who doesn't always score runs. They are also looking up at the Nationals right now and need everyone they can to help them win games.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

-++

Braves have a certain guy named Brian McCann, who is splitting time with Estrada.

What say you, Husker?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    It's easily Johnny Estrada. You lose a guy for 3 games and that's three games where you lose a bat in the lineup and defense. Basically, David Wells got lucky in this situation. He would miss only one start and losing a start really doesn't mean anything right now. If we were talking about this in late September, then its an issue.

-++ Don't you guys pay attention to the minors?

Guybrush, set these guys straight.

Rookie ERA
    Estrada. Wells has been struggling a lot this season. He is 6-5 with a 5.00 ERA. He definately hasnt been what the Red Sox expected. Estrada isnt having a great season offensively, but is more important to his team than Wells and plays good defense. He also provides some leadership for all of the younger players on the team.

-+++ No one buying Boomer?

[mutes everyone]

Boston is 12th in the AL in pitching ERA. Having Wells in there certainly helps that. On the other hand, Estrada is having a decent year, .273, 3 HRs, 32 RBIs...still mediocre defense. McCann is batting .353, 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, and far superior defense.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast