Thread: Anaheim Royals of Southern California

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NBA Anaheim Royals of Southern California

Sacramento Kings owners Joe Maloof, Gavin Maloof file trademark application for 'Anaheim Royals' - ESPN Los Angeles

Among the names filed for according to the United States Patent and Trademark Office's website were: Anaheim Royals, Anaheim Royals of Southern California, Orange County Royals and Los Angeles Royals.
    Terrible. That's the best they can come up with? I would have chosen a name that is fitting for its future fan base, like "Orange County Flat-billers" or a direct allusion to lifted trucks.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NCAA Sacramento Kings moving to Anaheim...?

Sacramento Kings make pitch for move to Anaheim

Anaheim's effort to bring a third NBA team to Southern California reached its latest peak Thursday, as the Sacramento Kings' owners explained their interest in making Honda Center their new home and the city's mayor expressed his enthusiasm to Commissioner David Stern in New York.

Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof were joined by siblings George and Phil in making a 90-minute proposal to the NBA's Board of Governors' relocation committee about the benefits of a new home in Orange County.

A Kings' spokesman declined to characterize the league's reception of the Maloofs' proposal, which comes amid opposition by the Lakers and Clippers and uncertainty about a looming summer labor battle.

The Kings' official application for relocation to Anaheim has not been filed but probably will be before the NBA's Monday deadline.

In preparation for a team expected to be known as the Royals, Anaheim has approved $75 million in bonds backed by companies of Henry Samueli, the Honda Center operator and NHL Ducks owner, for NBA relocation fees and arena improvements.
    Sacramento Kings' owners tell NBA's David Stern they want to move - latimes.com

Really, do we need three L.A.-based teams? Hey, move the team to Seattle instead... But I guess this would mean another Anaheim team for realmofotalk to bash on, which is never a bad thing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sacramento Kings moving to Anaheim...?

Sacramento of Anaheim Kings? SAK baby.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wow. David Stern has selected Clay Bennett, most hated man in Seattle, to head the Sacramento Relocation Committee. Deadline has also been extended to May 2nd.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My bad.

I'm still a little in shock over this potential move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim Royals of Southern California

The location may have come as a surprise, but a potential move was always in the cards as the Maloofs have been losing money in The Palms and with the Kings.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The location definitely is. Southern California is about to become its entire own division once the Suns move to, say, San Diego or whatevs. The Phoenix market is really bad!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kings to Royals? Why? Couldn't they come up with anything slightly more interesting?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The franchise was formerly the Royals when it was in Rochester and Cincinnati.

As far as interesting alternative names are concerned, like I said in the opening post, anything related to the Bro/Douchebag culture in the OC/Inland Empire would get my vote.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 04-16-2011 at 04:02 AM.