Thread: Classless Donald Sterling

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NBA Classless Donald Sterling

Players chip in to save coach's life after Clippers decline medical coverage

Seven years ago, former Los Angeles Clippers head coach Kim Hughes was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and the ensuing aftermath will change the way you feel about several NBA types significantly.

NBA players Corey Maggette(notes), Marko Jaric(notes), Chris Kaman(notes) and Elton Brand(notes) all chipped in to pay for expensive life-saving surgery for Hughes, after the Clippers organization declined to cover the costs.

Declined to cover the cost of a surgery that would save their employee's life. While playing rent-free in an often sold-out arena in America's second-biggest television market. Unyieldingly evil.

"Those guys saved my life," Hughes said. "They paid the whole medical bill. It was like $70,000 or more. It wasn't cheap.

"It showed you what classy people they are. They didn't want me talking about it; they didn't want the recognition because they simply felt it was the right thing to do." Hughes said he will be forever grateful to Brand, Jaric, Kaman and Maggette. In fact, Hughes said every time he runs into any of them, he thanks them from the bottom of his heart.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Classless Donald Sterling

Corey Maggette does have a soul. Awesome.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey, he has court-ordered payments for federal housing discrimination to make, you know.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 03-17-2011 at 07:20 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    This is a joke all the way around, with Sterling claiming he had no idea who Elgin Baylor was before he hired him, and with Elgin having sued for racial discrimination and then dropping the race card in favor of allegations of age discrimination.