Thread: My 1st live NHL game.

Rookie ERA

My 1st live NHL game.

I bit the bullet and attended my first live Hockey game last nght at the St Pete Times Forum, the Lightning against the Devils. Unfortunately, the Bolts lost. Unfortunately, I also had a great time and sure could easily get rabidly into the Bolts, then I would have no life year round. I have watched on TV mostly when it looked like they were close to going for the cup a few years ago and it was fun to watch, but this was the first one I had actually seen, I got to see a fight and a few penalties. It is a lot different from the laid back pace of baseball that's for sure.

I didn't realize how small Marty St Louis is and instead of "Let's Play Hockey", I think it should be Let's Puck!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: My 1st live NHL game.

Hockey is one of the few sports that can turn someone into a believer by attending in person. Glad to hear you had fun!

Rookie ERA
    Never been to a NHL game but I've been to some lower level games and they are really fun and gets you pumped up.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Wow. This is really weird. I went to my first NHL game last night at MSG. Nice. It was a lot of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You picked a fine time to step up and become a fan. Stamkos is killing it for you, and the great Steve Yzerman is a GM. Things are looking good for Tampa, and don't let the loss to NJ de-rail you. They still suck.

Secretly you are all becoming Canadian by posting in this thread. The plan is working.

Rookie ERA

Yes, I would defintely like to go again, my BBF has been trying to get me to go for years, we will probably go to another one here soon.
    I had forgotten in all my excitement celebrity sighting of the week...Cito Gaston was in the next section over..picture is kind of dark though.

Rookie ERA

Well, the Bolts didn't make it to the Stanley Cup, but they had a great ride. Wouldn't have been nice to have gone through Boston, like the Rays did in 2008.
    Gonna have to go again next year.