Thread: Lance Stephenson arrested for hitting his girlfriend's head on a flight of stairs

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

NBA Lance Stephenson arrested for hitting his girlfriend's head on a flight of stairs

Hammer - still want him?

NEW YORK -- Indiana Pacers draft pick Lance Stephenson, after pushing his girlfriend down a flight of stairs, grabbed her and hit her head on the bottom step, prosecutors said Monday.

A judge released Stephenson, 19, without bail late Sunday night after his arrest on assault, menacing and harassment charges. Prosecutors had asked for $7,500 bail.

Authorities say the confrontation occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday when the victim, Jasmine Williams, was returning home to her apartment building with two friends. Witnesses said Stephenson was waiting for her and yelled, "Are you kidding me?" before pushing her down the stairs.

A criminal complaint provided Monday by the Brooklyn district attorney's office said that as Williams lay at the bottom of the stairs, Stephenson picked up her head and slammed it on the bottom step.

When police arrived, Stephenson told them the woman had fallen down the stairs, prosecutors said. The complaint said Williams suffered head and back wounds, and possible damage to her neck.

Pacers president Larry Bird has said he was aware of the situation. Stephenson attorney Alberto Ebanks didn't return phone and e-mail messages Monday.

Stephenson was one of the nation's top high school prospects. He played one season at Cincinnati before applying for early entry to the NBA draft.

His next court date is scheduled for Oct. 19, according to New York-area media reports.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Lance Stephenson arrested for hitting his girlfriend's head on a flight of stairs

We should get this guy!!111!

/raider_fans

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Lance Stephenson arrested for hitting his girlfriend's head on a flight of stairs

He's officially added as a nominee for my Douchebag of the Year award.
    rf28

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Who else is a possible nominee?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Come on now guys, we don't know the situation. She could have been pregnant and unwilling to get an abortion.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i dont care what they do off the court as long as they dont do it to me [also as long as it doesnt prevent them from being a good ball player... being put in jail does nothing for me]. so yes, id still rather him than andy rautins and landry fields, who may be good samaritans, but are pretty much worthless on the basketball court.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Indiana has been lacking knuckleheads since that one guy who went into the stands... can't remember his name.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and that certain guy was a pretty good ball player, no matter how insane he was.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

David Harrison, that was his name right?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt if Artest and Jackson hadn't already established themselves as good players, that would have been it. Stephenson hasn't done anything in the league, and he was only a 2nd rounder. He has no room for error.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i thought you were talking about ronny actually. but yea, i believe the third guy was david harrison, he went to colorado but i cant remember if david is his first name.