• Carlos Boozer

1 14.29%
  • Amar'e Stoudemire

2 28.57%
  • Rudy Gay

0 0%
  • David Lee

1 14.29%
  • Screw it, I'm settling for Channing Frye and Kyle Korver.

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which NBA free agent would you want most?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NBA Which NBA free agent would you want most?

Let's assume a few certain players aren't available. Or they all retired. Yes, I'm talking about that King guy, the one who can't spell Dwayne, the German, and the Ru Paul looking power forward.

That leaves us with the B team. Joe Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire, Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer, DirtyKash's mom, etc.

Who do you "settle" for?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Which NBA free agent would you want most?

david lee at 12 million dollars a year is an easy no. rudy gay isnt a good enough player to join a team of mediocre veterans and improving young guys (aka the knicks), and lead them to the playoffs... and hes really pretty mediocre at knocking down the 3, which is a staple needed on the knicks. no thanks to yao's legs.

that leaves amare, boozer and joe johnson. amare seemed a little more interested in rebounding this year... but meh. boozer is a better jump shooter version of david lee... hes gonna be abused by bigger centers (as gasol is showing), and hes allergic to defense.

thus by process of elimination, its joe johnson. now, this offseason would still be a waste if we dont add joe AND amare/boozer OR lee, ray allen and another jump shooter... resigning al harrington persay. but i suppose joe johnson would be my choice out of these guys. i like johnsons strength, hes in a small forwards body, but can play the 1, and is really a 2. not all that sure about his foot speed defensively... but he can play and power around non-flashy 2s on the defensive end. knocks down the 3, and did 21, 5 and 4.5 last year... in our roided up system, it could be 23, 6 and 6, or so.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Boozer is only playing "center" because.. well.. Utah's centers are Koufos and some other guy from another country. Which doesn't change the fact he's not a defender, but he's not meant to guard Bynum and Gasol regularly. That said, my knock on him is that he seems to be injured every year and is only good for 60 some games. It seems like it's that way. Plus he's a shadowy guy, he pulled one on a blind guy, that says a lot. LOL
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ray Allen + Mike D'Antoni isn't fair. Allen would break all 3 point records.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Boozer is only playing "center" because.. well.. Utah's centers are Koufos and some other guy from another country. Which doesn't change the fact he's not a defender, but he's not meant to guard Bynum and Gasol regularly. That said, my knock on him is that he seems to be injured every year and is only good for 60 some games. It seems like it's that way. Plus he's a shadowy guy, he pulled one on a blind guy, that says a lot. LOL
    fesenko yea... but it would be the same thing with us... unless earl barron continues to show the world hes bill russell's incarnate, even though bill isnt dead.

to me personally... well 2 things. one, the blind guy thing still cracks me up. 2, signing carlos boozer and even joe johnson (though to a lesser degree) to long term deals is mindblowingly stupid for one reason. 2 years ago, you traded away zach randolph and jamal crawford, two similar players to them, to make a run at this offseason... and then you just sign clones (randolph and boozer are pretty much the same player, except one likes pot more... johnson is a bigger version of crawford) of guys that you gave away. but alas... the knicks are in such a place... that i have to sit here and root for this scenario, especially since we cant build like a normal team, with rookies and smart fiscally sound signings... since we give away all our rookies/picks, and isiah thomas is still somehow in charge of our money, im sure of it.

to be perfectly honest, if it was up to me and you cant get bron or wade... not even bosh... just try again for next offseason, with carmelo. sign a bunch of one year deals, and call it a day. not like joe johnson, carlos boozer, wilson chandler and danilo gallinari is gonna get you anything but a 1st round exit anyway.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'd argue that when he's "right" in the head, Randolph is a better power forward than Boozer.

I'll ask the obvious, who's running that show? Duhon? .....boom.
    Ted

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If I'm lacking a forward-center, I would make an offer to Luis Scola, if nothing else to test how much Dork Elvis values him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I'd argue that when he's "right" in the head, Randolph is a better power forward than Boozer.

I'll ask the obvious, who's running that show? Duhon? .....boom.
    and i wouldnt disagree too much... zbo can single handedly kill teams in the crunch though, with horrendous ball handling and shot selection. zbo's a black hole... but when hes motivated a little bit, hes actually somewhat underrated, as frightening as that statement might be.

joe johnson i guess... if you want a "prototypical" pg, itd be toney douglas. duhon is gone, hes an fa... and i dont know what the deal with sergio rodriguez, but hes a deer in headlights anyway. douglas at least has some gumption to shoot the ball.

id assume our best lineup would be... johnson, walker, chandler, gallinari and boozer... which would make us outright PITIFUL on the defensive end, but would probably be our best offensive lineup. our best defensive would be... douglas, chandler, johnson, boozer, barron, i suppose... not exactly the early-mid 90s knicks though. it depresses me a bit, to talk about my projected roster for next year... that our best offensive lineup features bill walker, and our best defensive lineup features earl barron. good lord.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think a team that has the room for a combo guard that doesn't have to carry the team would be great with Joe Johnson. I think his style of play induces a #2, 3 type player and you can get him for cheaper than the non-available A tier players. Sure he has flaws like the others but put Joe Johnson alongside Russel Westbrook and Kevin Durant in OKC. OKC instantly becomes a scarier team than this young bunch is now.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bill Walker, awesome.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I meant for my vote to be Stoudemire. Although I do like Lee, but I'm afraid he's too much of a system guy.

I think Stoudemire has untapped potential, and for the right coach, he'll be unstoppable on offense and will rebound better. He still won't defend, but there's really only one guy on the poll that makes any real effort to defend people (Johnson).
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    If I'm lacking a forward-center, I would make an offer to Luis Scola, if nothing else to test how much Dork Elvis values him.
    If Salmons walks, a team could at least go for the underrated package of Scola and Salmons. They won't help a really bad team of course.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Could you imagine Westbrook-Joe Johnson-Durant-Jeff Green-Kristic as a starting 5?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Did you actually include Krstic in such rhetorical question beginning with "Could you imagine" with a straight face?

MLB ERA

Just for laughes, found this online on another site. If only Mr Cleveland himself Drew Carey could have made a cameo... that would take this from funny to epically hysterical.

HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast