Thread: Heir Jordan hoping to prove he can play basketball like his father

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Heir Jordan hoping to prove he can play basketball like his father

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Jeffrey Jordan needs no introduction at the Nike All-America Camp.

The contagious smile, penetrating stare and determined look on his boyish 16-year-old face resemble the features of his world-famous father, Michael, and offer proof that young Jeffrey is the true heir to the Air Jordan legacy.

If there was any doubt about the lineage, he wears it proudly on the front of his T-shirt: J-O-R-D-A-N.

But Jordan has come to Indianapolis to prove one thing -- that he, too, can play basketball.

``I want to show that I belong here,'' he said. ``I guess I'm not the top one or two or three or four players in my state, but I want to show that I can play here and that I'm not just a name.''

For Jordan, who will be a junior at Loyola Academy College Prep near Chicago, that will be a challenge. His father is considered by many to be the greatest player in NBA history after leading the Chicago Bulls to six titles, filling the highlight reels with breathtaking dunks. It was also Michael Jordan who turned Nike from a budding shoe company into a worldwide giant.

Following in those footsteps could intimidate most kids. Not Jeffrey, an all-conference selection as a sophomore.
    Full Story

Now do you want pressure, try being Micheal Jordan's son. Thats got to be hell.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Wonder if he will get cut from his high school team? Heh.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If he does. he will be the NBA logo in 20 years.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

That's got to be hard on him. People probably think Jeffrey is the 2nd coming of his father, and that's gotta be difficult. Hopefully we'll see him playing in the NCAA in a couple seasons and we'll have a better knowledge of how he can really play.