Thread: Is Toby Gerhart the football version of Tim Lincecum?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NFL Is Toby Gerhart the football version of Tim Lincecum?

Like Lincecum, he destroyed the competition in the Pac-10 and was statistically the best player in the NCAA, except in Gerhart's case he was robbed of the Heisman (sorry Mark Ingram). You know how batters dread facing Timmy? That's the same feeling defenders got when they had to go up against Toby. Take it from one USC linebacker who said, ‘If you guys run ‘Power’ one more time I’m walking off the field.’ And like in Timmy's case, the scouts have questioned whether Toby's playing style can hold up at the pro level. The dude also plays centerfield for Stanford's baseball team, in case the scouts have forgotten. I'm telling you he's not a stiff, and I fancy myself a master of pinpointing a stiff when presented with one (hello Kwame, Craig Davis, Adam Morrison, and Hasheem Thabeet) And like Timmy, I think Toby is going to make many opposing fans lament that their team passed on him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Toby Gerhart the football version of Tim Lincecum?

The problem is that 1) he projects closer to a fullback than a halfback and not a lot of teams use a fullback, and 2) he's white. Name the last white hall of fame running back (its John Riggins, btw)
    rf28

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mike Alstott had a pretty decent career in the NFL.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He ran a better 40 than a lot of RBs that are not being projected as a FB. It's just him being white typecast bullshit. It's a two back league, he has a place in the NFL and he'll probably make teams regret passing him up because inevitably, it's going to happen.

I'll take him, Mendenhall is fumble happy and it might be nice to have a big white dude that's not sticking his little white dude in every drunk 20 year old. Er. What.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.