View Poll Results: Vancouver, are you even interested?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll only watch hockey, that's about it.

2 14.29%
  • I'm pumped, I'll watch just about anything, even figure skating

7 50.00%
  • I really have no interest in watching any of the winter Olympics

0 0%
  • When's Michael Phelps up?

1 7.14%
  • Indifferent, I'll watch events here and there.

4 28.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vancouver 2010 - The Winter Games

MLB ERA

Re: Vancouver 2010 - The Winter Games

I'm so happy Canada won, although I got some complains about the people in Canada.

Congrats to Ryan Miller to be named MVP, he deserved even with the silver, so hats off to him.

this is my rant directed mainly to the Canadian public out there that I won't reach. (for the other canadians on this board don't take it to heart since its no where directed to you)

I got to be embarrassed by some Canadians out there, Crosby and Luongo were not the reasons we won, especially Luongo, he played well enough to win that it. He wasn't tested or stood on his head to a Canadian victory. Actually Bobby almost cost Canada the gold in the final minute by how he played that puck before the goal and that pathetic save attempt, great on the USA to comeback but Luongo played like ass there. And thats even without that showing in the semi's against the Slovaks, if the Slovaks actually pushed the play earlier in the game like they in the 3rd, they might have won that game.

Crosby was suppose to the MAN this Olympics but he was far from it (so were a lot of other big name players, i.e. Ovechkin), CRosby didn't ven show up today until he scored.

The Toews line was the one that carried Canada consistently throughout the Olympics, not to mention the defense of Keith/Weber/Doughty/Boyle were the ones that pulled the weight before Scotty and Pronger decided to finally show up inthe gold medal game.

Also on my last note, WTF is wrong with some people out there saying this was the best Team Canada ever,Yes it's great Caada won gold on home soil, something we denied the US, but has the history of the '72 summit series or the '87 Canada Cup teams just disappeared like nothing?

I would even put the 2002 gold medal team way before 2010.

that ends my rant
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe it's because I've only seen the pics of her wearing a beanie and skater chick attire and they were taken four years ago when she was 19 that clouded my judgment, but Hannah Teter is much hotter now than I remember.

MLB ERA

All I can say is.. Sidney Crosby is the man. Although I decided with all my heart I would hate him today (I'm a Penguins fan, and he is probably my favorite athlete in any sport), I couldn't help but feeling happy for him when he scored the game-winner. Although it doesn't surprise me in the least.. The Penguins, and particularly Crosby, own Miller. I actually told my friend before the game started that I almost expected Crosby to get the GW and kill me.. So a lot of mixed emotions. But the Americans had a great tournament, and the Canadians won as they should have. And I saw a hockey game that I will likely not forget for the rest of my life. Congrats to you Canadians.. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get ya next time.

MLB ERA

Oh, and Luongo wasn't really that good at all. But he was better than Brodeur would've been, and did have quite a few good saves before butchering that last chance in regulation. I still think Fleury might should've been the goaltender, given his big game experience and knack for doing what it takes to win. But that might be due to some bias on my part, and it did work out nonetheless.

And I do agree about Crosby, but he also did step up when Canada absolutely needed it most.. So, to some extent, I think he does deserve a lot of credit. Although he certainly had a sub-par tournament, at least for his standards, overall. Canada won because they had the most talent, and were able to work together enough to take enough advantage of it. At least that's my opinion. Not that that's anything to snicker at, but I do believe it to be the case..

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The greatest Team Canada ever? Really? That has to be alcohol or some other substance talking, because that is just insane. They won the gold, they are a good team.... but there have been GREAT Canadian teams.

MLB ERA

It’s The Best Game You Can Name: Olympic Gold Medal Game Draws 17.6 Overnight Rating « Puck The Media

According to Sports Business Daily (reg. required), the Olympic Gold Medal Hockey Game drew an astronomical 17.6/33 overnight rating. This is up 46% from the 2002 USA/Canada showdown, and will very likely be the highest-rated hockey game since 1980. The share means that 1 in every 3 Americans with a TV were watching the game. This is, to put it professionally, out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    I got to be embarrassed by some Canadians out there, Crosby and Luongo were not the reasons we won, especially Luongo, he played well enough to win that it. He wasn't tested or stood on his head to a Canadian victory. Actually Bobby almost cost Canada the gold in the final minute by how he played that puck before the goal and that pathetic save attempt, great on the USA to comeback but Luongo played like ass there. And thats even without that showing in the semi's against the Slovaks, if the Slovaks actually pushed the play earlier in the game like they in the 3rd, they might have won that game.
    Your Oilers fan is showing.

Lou is the reason they won against the Slovaks. Team Canada sat on their ass in the 3rd period and almost blew it.

The last minute goal against the US...how exactly are 2 Americans the closest players to the net with 24 seconds left? That's the goalies fault?

Luongo didn't have to be great once team Canada's defense woke up, but he did make some timely saves, and he didn't cost the team goals like Marty did against the US.

I haven't heard any talk about 2010 being the greatest team, but I have heard that the moment was bigger than 87 or 2002, and that I can agree with.

MLB ERA

ok ok, i got carry away with my rant, i'm just more pissed about the people saying he was the reason Canada won

I still stand by my Slovaks comment, Luongo let in a very weak in the 3rd to Visnovsky then got really lucky at the end that Demitra hit the post, which he didn't save, which some deeply believed he did

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234