Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something's wrong with Brock Lesnar

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Shocked Something's wrong with Brock Lesnar

Lesnar ... done?

Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and there are questions as to whether he will ever fight again.

Lesnar, 32, is in far worse shape than he has been letting on. He went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he doesn't want to get out, and all we now is that he does not have cancer and he does not have AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and he will not be fighting again for a long, long time, if he is able to fight again.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota tonight and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

Also, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has a staph infection and his fight with Cain Velasquez at UFC 108 is off. Nogueira will need an IV to hopefully get the infection out. He is also in bad shape.

With Lesnar out indefinitely, Shane Carwin will be undergoing knee surgery, so he will not be available to face Velasquez at UFC 108.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Something's wrong with Brock Lesnar

It's Lupus!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

For them to say he must get to the Mayo Clinic this must be something very serious. The Mayo is one of the best cancer research and treatment facilities in North America. Wonder what it is.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

dos santos vs cain to get the new champ... then you got two money fights in the winner vs big nog, and the winner vs carwin when they get back.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was just about to say that I thought it was just mono, but for him to seek beyond regular medical care, wow, KoZ might not be joking.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    dos santos vs cain to get the new champ... then you got two money fights in the winner vs big nog, and the winner vs carwin when they get back.
    Frank Mir may not belong anymore in the ring against a healthy Lesnar, but his resume still blows away the others'. Mir knocked out Nogueira, so IMO Nogueira is still in back of Mir in the line. And since Cain has yet to face Nogueira, Cain is also back in line.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It may be immunodeficiency, but it doesn't necessarily mean cancer or HIV
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Frank Mir may not belong anymore in the ring against a healthy Lesnar, but his resume still blows away the others'. Mir knocked out Nogueira, so IMO Nogueira is still in back of Mir in the line. And since Cain has yet to face Nogueira, Cain is also back in line.
    if you wanna give frank mir a shot, i got no real problem with that. but cain and dos santos are the future of the division... with lesnar, if he can ever comeback. you wanna do cain vs mir for the belt at 108, or 109, or 110... i got no real problem. but dos santos is up next, with big nog and carwin waiting in the wings for future shots. actually, carwin once hes off injury, is first in line... but big nog deserves a shot too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yup, now we're talking. Mir vs Cain for the belt. Ideally it would be Mir vs Carwin if not for Carwin's injury.

MLB ERA

Big Nog went ahead of Mir as soon as he beat Couture

a match up with Mir/Cain makes sense to see ifCain can take it to the next level (or stay there), Dos Santos still needs another big fight too but putting Cain and Dos Santos in the same match right now doesn't help the UFC in the future, if lesnar was healthy thats another story

but Mir fighting in UFC 107 vs Kongo, which Mir should have no problem with
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

me personally... the ideal situation would be velasquez/dos santos vs nog/carwin... in a tournament-esque situation. maybe i underrate frank mir... never was a big fan, though he is a former champ, so maybe i dont give him the proper respect. but everything, as it is at the current moment... frank mir vs cain velasquez for the belt is perfectly fine by me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post

a match up with Mir/Cain makes sense to see ifCain can take it to the next level (or stay there), Dos Santos still needs another big fight too but putting Cain and Dos Santos in the same match right now doesn't help the UFC in the future, if lesnar was healthy thats another story

but Mir fighting in UFC 107 vs Kongo, which Mir should have no problem with
    forgot mir was fighting kongo. kongo has more standup power, but mir should take him down at will.

i disagree though... cain vs dos santos... having a classic matchup. it does alot for the future. personally theyre two of my favorites out there now, with rumble and paul daley. id love to see it, and if they have a big time match... it only sets up for a rematch, and another rematch after that.

though i agree to a point, if dos santos knocks off another big time opponent, to build himself up further for a match with cain... even better.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    Big deal. Couture is no longer a championship contender. Nogueira doesn't deserve to move ahead of Mir considering Mir knocked Nogueira out. The standings shouldn't work like a college football weekly poll.

MLB ERA

Big Nog looked impressive against couture and that helps while Mir lost a title fight which should knock him down a few pegs and he has to work his way back up

Big Nog would have been the next challenger even without the fight against Cain if Lesnar/Carwin went as planned, its just how it works right now
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Like I said, that's akin to the college football weekly poll system, which you may like but I don't. I get that Mir should work his way back up. That's why Carwin and Cain are next in line. However, Lesnar is not the active title holder, so it's moot to argue that the last guy Lesnar should fight is Mir. I don't care how impressive Big Nog looked against Couture. Couture is nothing compared to an in-shape Lesnar. Given the fact that Big Nog lost to Mir, Big Nog wouldn't have stood a chance against Lesnar, either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast