Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something's wrong with Brock Lesnar

MLB ERA

Re: Something's wrong with Brock Lesnar

well look at the middle weight division and see what happened there

Hendo beatts Bisping at 100 with a great KO, gets "promised" a title shot but nothing signed

Nate Marquardt beats Demian Maia with even a greater looking KO and dana White basically puts Marquardt in front Henderson for a title shot

but wait, at 103 Belfort in a 195 bout with Franklin (not even a middleweight fight) looks great beating Franklin and now with 0 fights at middleweight in the UFC, gets a signed title shot against Silva

Big Nog/Mir basically doesn't even come into question anymore
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm not arguing about the how the system works. I'm saying I don't ****ing like it and I offered my reasons. Actually, one reason only: you don't deserve a title shot ahead of a guy who KO'd you in the last meeting, and especially if the title is up for grabs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I'm not arguing about the how the system works. I'm saying I don't ****ing like it and I offered my reasons. Actually, one reason only: you don't deserve a title shot ahead of a guy who KO'd you in the last meeting, and especially if the title is up for grabs.
    agreed on both ends... a title shot vs lesnar, mir has to wait. a VACATED title, which we all assume will happen with lesnar presumably in really bad shape... then mir goes back into the mix. where i, mofo, hig, dana feel mir is... up for debate, for sure. i just wanna see dos santos get his shot, so im biased in that respect. but yes, a vacated title... mir should be put back near the top of the list.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I read today that it's some sort of intestinal disorder which requires major surgery.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    Big Nog looked impressive against couture and that helps while Mir lost a title fight which should knock him down a few pegs and he has to work his way back up

Big Nog would have been the next challenger even without the fight against Cain if Lesnar/Carwin went as planned, its just how it works right now
    lolno

MLB ERA

I still stand if Big Nog/Cain didn't happen, that Big Nog would have priority to challenge

good for Cain for winning though

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I still stand if Big Nog/Cain didn't happen, that Big Nog would have priority to challenge
    and he wouldn't have deserved it, not after again getting knocked the **** out last night

MLB ERA

my point is if Lesnar/Carwin happened as it should have been, than Big Nog would have been the next in line for a title shot
    instead of Mir (who just lost to Lesnar), and Cain (who at the time just beat Kongo) and JDS (who slowly going up the ladder it seems)

as it is now the title picture is way more clear now after UFC 110 then before Lesnar's illness

Carwin should get the first shot since his title fight been on hold twice but has to fight Mir before lesnar now

I believe Dana White said if the winner of Carwin/Mir get injured or suspended and can't go against Lesnar, Cain will get the first shot at Lesnar

with JDS still being around 4th-5th in line at this time but slowly make his way up the ladder

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

my point is if Lesnar/Carwin happened as it should have been, than Big Nog would have been the next in line for a title shot instead of Mir (who just lost to Lesnar), and Cain (who at the time just beat Kongo) and JDS (who slowly going up the ladder it seems)
    The assumption that Big Nog was in front of the line =/= he deserved to be in the position. Regardless, I support Carwin and even Big Nog (before he got KO'd by Cain) getting their title shot vs Lesnar before Mir gets another rematch, but regarding a VACATED title, that's a different story:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    agreed on both ends... a title shot vs lesnar, mir has to wait. a VACATED title, which we all assume will happen with lesnar presumably in really bad shape... then mir goes back into the mix.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Carwin earned his title shot; he pummeled Mir tonight.

And Lesnar is still an asshole. To nobody's shock, his illness had not humbled him.

MLB ERA

Carwin is truly a beast, if no one thought he real before tonight, they do now

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

cigano is coming... the heavyweight division is absurdly deep... lesnar, carwin, cain... but cigano is coming.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    cigano is coming... the heavyweight division is absurdly deep... lesnar, carwin, cain
    Not really. Lesnar and Carwin are just wrestlers who can pack a heavy punch, which are all the tools they need to be a successful cagefighter, but I don't hear that they are mixed martial artists. Bruce Lee would whoop their ass.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Carwin and Lesnar should be a good fight. Both are similar, like mofo said, wrestlers with a heavy punch.
    Mir on the other hand needs a couple wins now to be considered a major threat.

I'd love to see a JDS-vs-Cain fight for the winner to take on winner of Carwin and Lesnar.

MLB ERA

JDS/Cain won't happen, White and the UFC wants to bring JDS along slowly

doesn't make any sense to match them up in 2010, why make them fight when you can bring them both up as contenders, when the time comes it will happen but not in 2010 I believe

give JDS another two fights in 2010 to build him up more, maybe Kongo and Mir (after Mir gets another win) or throw Roy Nelson in there

besides Cain most likely is going to get next at the title after Lesner/Carwin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast