Thread: 2009 Basketball HOF thread

MLB ERA

NBA 2009 Basketball HOF thread

Michael Jordan, John Stockton, David Robinson, Jerry Sloan, and Rutgers womens basketball coach Vivian Stringer are the inductees this year.

I have fond memories of watching the first three on that list, Jordan & Stockton inparticular. Robinson was great too, and he had a storybook ending to his career after sticking with his original team, which you never see anymore.
    But anyway... no one has ever meant more to the city of Chicago when it comes to sports than Jordan, especially considering the era he played in. The Bulls 6 titles came during a string where the Bears, Cubs and White Sox not only missed the playoffs nearly every year, but were always among the worst teams in the league at season's end, and the Blackhawks could never beat the Blues or whoever they played each yr in the first round. Who knows, no one cared about hockey for a minute there anyway. My only regret is never getting the chance to go to a Bulls game during that period. One thing I always wish I could've done.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2009 Basketball HOF thread

I have fond memories of watching Jerry Sloan every time Greg Ostertag breaks his heart.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How is Jerry Sloan a Hall of Fame inductee when he's still an active coach? Don't you have to be retired for 5 years or something?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't think it applies to coaches and front office people. Larry Brown is a hall of famer I think too?

I thought this was a highly impressive class, with everything the 3 players have accomplished.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

WTF was with MJ inviting his old high school coach and LeRoy Smith, the guy who once beat MJ out for a roster spot in his sophomore year, just to embarrass the coach by reminding him with "I told you made a mistake"? It wasn't even a lighthearted "I did okay for myself after all, coach." It sounds like MJ still has issues.

MLB ERA

Atleast LeRoy's dad isn't dead.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat