View Poll Results: where the denver broncos are the new york mets

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go for the undefeated season, with Manning & Co.

4 80.00%
  • Rest the starters for the last couple of games, avoid injury

1 20.00%

Thread: Do you go for the perfect season?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NFL Do you go for the perfect season?

Or a legit attempt, unlike Indianapolis when they put in Curtis Painter? Isn't it worth risking injury in an unnecessary game, to shut up the likes of Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka?

......but does what happened to the patriots also have validity, it's better to suffer a loss for the long run?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Do you go for the perfect season?

You mean to shut up Tom Brady and Co?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But they didn't go undefeated. A helmet got in their way. Remember.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i like the way it turned out... at least until next week when we choke to cincy. typical jets... build us up, to knock us back down.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you beat them, that's likely the 1st round playoff match. o_o
    Ted

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Apparently, if you're Norv Turner, you go for a meaningless 13th win, nevermind that you're one random catastrophic injury away from overtaking Steve Bartman as the Irresponsible Jackass of the mother****ing century. And these stupid mother****ers wonder how their team is always so snakebitten with injuries come playoff time.

Norv Turner and his streaking Chargers don't view Sunday's regular-season finale against the lowly Washington Redskins as meaningless even though San Diego has already wrapped up a first-round playoff bye.

Turner says the Chargers will prepare as they always do, with no apparent plans to rest healthy starters. He did say that some Chargers who've been playing with injuries might get a rest.

The AFC West champion Chargers (12-3) have won 10 straight games and secured the No. 2 seed in the AFC, meaning they're off the opening weekend of the playoffs.

Wide receiver Vincent Jackson agrees with Turner, saying the Chargers still have a lot to do, and by treating Sunday as a normal game, they'll leave nothing to chance.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 12-29-2009 at 03:29 AM.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate it when columnists fill in the gaps of their logic with asinine metaphors. They're as useless as all the unconcerned fans right now who have their hands around their individual dicks.

Turner’s plan: keep Chargers sharp - SignOnSanDiego.com
    But it is not. The Chargers do have something to play for — themselves. Forget the pride crap. You don’t want to slam on the brakes when things are running smoothly. Accelerators are there to be used. There are times engines can be hard to restart.

Football is not a game to be played scared, nor is it one to be played stupid. Fine line.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell had a difficult decision to make Sunday. His team was unbeaten and had wrapped up the AFC’s No. 1 seed, but instead of chasing immortality and forever shutting up those sickening 1972 Miami Dolphins, Caldwell chose to pull quarterback Peyton Manning from the game against New York, and the Jets took advantage.

Caldwell should have tried to win that game, and not just because he had something to play for, which he certainly did. You should try to win every week. That’s why you play.

Football is a dangerous game. Players get hurt. They get hurt in practice. But you can’t stay in your house. You have to come outside. Caldwell played scared. His decision was disappointing.