Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owens to the Raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Philadelphia needs to get off their ass and give TO his money. What else is their billionaire owner going to spend it on?

Another mansion?

NFL doesn't play under baseball's rules, salary cap rules are very stringent and it's even tighter now with the CBA about to expire - look for teams to be creative with signing bonuses next offseason if they haven't come up with a deal. Should be very interesting.

Regarding the trade - I'd love for it to happen, just wouldn't look forward to the Oakland/Dallas game.

Guys, THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. As the Men's Warehouse guy says, "I guarantee it."
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Philadelphia needs to get off their ass and give TO his money. What else is their billionaire owner going to spend it on?

Another mansion?
    Excuse me, but T.O. signed that contract last year with the Eagles and he has to live up to it. Everyone wants more money. What else is new? If T.O was unhappy about that contract, he shouldn't have signed it in the first place. Once you signed that contract, you have to serve it and honor it. Plain and simple. T.O. is no different than anybody else.

That's just the way the business works.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In my own little world, I wouldn't mind the eagles dealing T.O. for ...um let's say, Tommy Maddox. It would be beautiful!

I'd say Chad Scott, but I think the lameass is a FA.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Drew Rosenhaus was on ESPN radio the other day and said that there's "absolutely no truth to this rumor".

He did affirm that they were rebuffed in their attempt to seek a trade.

No basketball, no trade. What the heck is T.O. going to do?
    People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

T.O. may be trade bait because he wants the Eagles to give him more money.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/0...wenstrade.html

Moss & TO teammates?

Man that would be crazy, they would help the team out ALOT!!!

Rookie ERA
    wow.. thats freakin pathetic.

The Eagles of WANT to trade T.O.

while in the past however many seasons their WR corp started such future sure fire hall of fame guys like Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell..

give me a freakin break. T.O. came out last year in the superbowl and played his freakin heart out, despite ankle injury and all..
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Owens signed a contract last year. All of a sudden he thinks he could've gotten better so he whines and crys for a new one. He did play his heart out at the Super Bowl and had a great season with the Eagles. He needs to hold true to the contract he signed last year and stop the whining for a new contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12