View Poll Results: Who will win the Oxford 250?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 03 Travis Adams, Canton

0 0%
  • 91 Patrick Laperle, St. Denis, Quebec

2 33.33%
  • 89 Scott Payea, Milton, Vt.

2 33.33%
  • 97 Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, N.H.

0 0%
  • 60 Tim Brackett, Buckfield

0 0%
  • 10 Ben Rowe, Turner

0 0%
  • The Field

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn 3 Racing Series - Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250, TD Banknorth Oxford 250

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Turn 3 Racing Series - Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250, TD Banknorth Oxford 2

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    how hard was it to pick the two Sprint Cup ringers? Busch and Edwards were the top 2 guys out of our picks. Busch finished 1st and Edwards finished 3rd.

If you're going to continue with the Nationwide Series, then Sprint Cup guys really shouldn't be eligible IMHO.
    But they are running every Nationwide series race this year. Can't really call them "ringers" since they are running for the championship. I will however come up with something though, don't you worry.

I do have bad news however. ACT Late Model Tour point leader Scott Payea is not here for the 250. I don't know if you 2 want to pick another driver from the poll, or I can make your pick "The Field" (most likely outcome). The field by the way is over 70 deep looking to get into 30 spots.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Turn 3 Racing Series - Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250, TD Banknorth Oxford 2

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I do have bad news however. ACT Late Model Tour point leader Scott Payea is not here for the 250. I don't know if you 2 want to pick another driver from the poll, or I can make your pick "The Field" (most likely outcome). The field by the way is over 70 deep looking to get into 30 spots.
    isn't that part of the risk of the pick? whatever you decide is fine I suppose.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eddie MacDonald is the winner of the Oxford 250. I am still waiting for the official word to come thought. Short track races like this one are notorious for tech inspections that turn out a cheater or two. I believe it was almost 10 years ago when there were two winners back to back that were given the boot.

MLB ERA

if it holds up, +10 for KoZ and myself. I'd be the new leader as well.

MLB ERA

thank god i won't have to pick last for a week lol... its a lot harder
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Foster hasn't exactly been implementing that rule. I believe we had that for one race. The next race it wasn't followed and then dropped. Foster posts the stipulations in the first post for each race.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Foster hasn't exactly been implementing that rule. I believe we had that for one race. The next race it wasn't followed and then dropped. Foster posts the stipulations in the first post for each race.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Keep you eyes posted for the first post.

MLB ERA

what's the decision regarding Porter and DK picking a guy that ended up not being in the race? Are they SoL? I mean, I would be OK with giving them 5 points, but I don't think they should get 10 when KoZ and myself actually picked "the field"...I don't think it would be fair for them to get the same number of points as us.

But at the same time, that's the risk of the pick. He could have wrecked on the first lap and that wouldn't have been much different than not racing at all. Regardless, here are the points assuming "the field" holds up with Koz and my points added:

pending points after TD Banknorth 250 07/19 (including 5 points for Porter and DK)
    Prov - 315
    CJ - 311
    Porter - 302
    DK - 297
    Foster - 291
    KoZ - 244

I took the bottom 4 out since they haven't participated in months.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 07-20-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I feel bad so the 5 is ok with me, I screwed that up. All "expected entry lists" I saw had Payea on the list, but I guess he didn't show up. It's hard of a race like this when there are so many guys that could show up, I think they just assumed Payea would be there. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's not a point race for him, and he is leading the ACT standings.

Here are where the guys I picked as contenders finished up...
    03 Travis Adams, Canton 11th
    91 Patrick Laperle, St. Denis, Quebec 2nd
    89 Scott Payea, Milton, Vt. No Show
    97 Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, N.H. 15th
    60 Tim Brackett, Buckfield 43rd
    10 Ben Rowe, Turner 7th

With the winner Eddie MacDonald coming from the NASCAR Camping World East Series.

MLB ERA

k, I added the 5 points for Porter and DK in the standings from my previous post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12