Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illinois-UNC game thread

Theres no way the Illi coach always talks like that.

AA ERA
    I obviously did not see the game since I was working and I could not record it since my cable is disconnected. I probably wasn't going to record it since I figured Illinois would win. I was very shocked when I checked on ESPN.com. I am stunned.

I thought Illinois had better team cohesion and a great coach. I thought Illinois was the sum of its whole parts. They had it all. I did not think they were going to be denied. I think catching up this time might have caught up to them. You can only come back and win so many times. I think Illinois ran deep into the well this time and they paid for it tonight.

Congrats to Roy Williams. I am glad he finally got that monkey of his back and I am glad we don't have to read about him getting that title now. It can get real old after awhile. Now Roy does not have to apologize or answer those questions after all. I sense that he was tight about this game in his press conference Sunday. Now he can savor it and enjoy it. Roy is a class act and I am really happy that he can have a national championship of his own. I can't help but be happy for him.

As for Illinois, it stinks that they did not win it all, but they had a great year and the future is bright for that basketball team. As I mentioned Saturday, I gave my props to Illinois for coming back against Louisville. They got nothing to hang their heads. Bruce Weber did a very good job getting the most out of that team and there is no reason to think that will change. I think they will get better recruits with this run and they are going to love playing in Weber's offense. The future is bright for that team. They will eventually win it all real soon as long as Webber is there.

I tip my hat off to both teams.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by StlCards4ever515
    Illinois got cheated, refs should of called better calls, The real #1 team is still ILLINOIS no matter what anyone says, WE GOT CHEATED!!!!!!
    C'mon!

You are in no position to even say that Illinois got cheated. Besides Illinois got some ridculous calls against FDU, UW-Mil, and even Arizona. You know the saying. What goes around, comes around.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    t's backwards for me because in previous years I would've picked Illinois for sure. But I'm tired of Illinois beating Missouri. Plus I always liked Roy Williams, which considering I'm a Mizzou fan something must be wrong, and it'd be nice to see him finally win. It helps that he'll win for someone other than Kansas. Plus with him winning, KU fans will hate it.
    I went to Kansas.rivals.com just to check on their reaction. It's pretty funny to read about them whining about Roy. It's pretty stupid to be petty. He gave them some great years. He has established a good program for another good coach to come in. Why be bitter? Good for you that you rooted for Roy tonight.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    How can you say they won fair and square, When UNC got away with about 10 fouls and the Refs Sucked, Thats not Fair and Square.

AA ERA
    Quit crying. They had a chance to tie the game, brought the ball down the court and had their first turnover in the 2nd half. You can blame the refs all you want but they threw it away and didnt make a shot in the last 2 minutes. The Illini dropped the ball, deal with it.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    How can you say they won fair and square, When UNC got away with about 10 fouls and the Refs Sucked, Thats not Fair and Square.

It is fair. Because the bad calls went BOTH ways. How many friggin moving screens did the Illini set? I counted at least 7 in the second half. The refs didnt call a single one. By the way, when you said Powell was hammered under the basket...He wasnt even touched, the first time, they got all ball, when he recovered the possession, he lost again, because he was trying to draw a foul. Flapping your body in many directions doesnt mean he got fouled....

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Migraine1
    It is fair. Because the bad calls went BOTH ways. How many friggin moving screens did the Illini set?

VERY good point, i was wondering the same thing.

AA ERA
    Yea the refs were horrible on both sides. I think it was worse on Illinois's side because May could knock people over with no call and Augustine was getting called for anything but it was all bad.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Only remember bits and pieces of the game. But Congratulations to Roy and Co. Glad to see NC win a championship. I remember awhile back on how dominant of a team they were and it was great to see them just to return to the championship.

Congrats to Illinois, they had a marvelous season and I expect to see them back next year ready to go full ahead speed and win the championship next year. I wouldn't expect anything less from them. Bruce Weber is truly a great coach.

Once again Congrats to NC for winning the Championship.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Only remember bits and pieces of the game. But Congratulations to Roy and Co. Glad to see NC win a championship. I remember awhile back on how dominant of a team they were and it was great to see them just to return to the championship.

Congrats to Illinois, they had a marvelous season and I expect to see them back next year ready to go full ahead speed and win the championship next year. I wouldn't expect anything less from them. Bruce Weber is truly a great coach.

Once again Congrats to NC for winning the Championship.
    I don't think expectations for Illinois should be set that high for Illinois. They will lose their best player, Deron Williams, and will have to count on a few SIU transfers to produce for them. Dee Brown should return. He will put his name in the hat, but will pull out when no team gives him a first round guarantee. If they can land Brandon Rush, then I could see them making another huge run, but if not I don't think they'll have enough to make a Championship run. Should still be able to contend for a conference championship in a much tougher and improved 2005 Big 10 conference.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Anytime you chuck up 40 threes in a game as a team, you deserve to lose

MLB ERA
    But when you are as good as Illinios and have their perimerter shooting. Go ahead and shoot 100 threes.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Live by the three, die by the three.

I just felt at the end when Head was missing those three's, they were passing up some sure fire 2 pointers. Could have cost them the game.

AA ERA
    You could take a ton of 3's but you have to hit them. Illinois was one or two 3's short of a win. I don't think it was so bad they took them all.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123