Thread: The Milwaukee Bucks being stupid again

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Down The Milwaukee Bucks being stupid again

The San Antonio Spurs are nearing completion on a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks for forward Richard Jefferson, league executives told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

The proposed deal would have the Spurs send veterans Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto to the Bucks, who are looking to shed the remaining two years, $29.2 million on Jefferson’s contract for the Spurs’ expiring contracts. The contracts of Bowen and Oberto are only partially guaranteed for a total of $3.9 million for next season.
    One year after handing Mo Williams to the Cavs on a silver platter, the Bucks will do it with Richard Jefferson to the Spurs. Make no mistake about it, it is a salary dump. The Spurs will find a way to get Bruce Bowen back.

Hmm, I wonder why no front office executive has responded with an "Are you f***ing me?" (I'm looking at you, Gregg Popovich.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Milwaukee Bucks being stupid again

RJ is interesting, but he's injury prone and the fact that Duncan is deteriorating and Manu is always hurt, I don't think this puts them back on top. They would have to be completely healthy to contend against the lakers or even rockets.

My question to Milwaukee is, why are they suddenly putting so much value on Charlie Twitter Villaneuva?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hes young, and literally all they have.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

If Milwaukee becomes a contender in the next few years with all their cap space, it'll be a good deal.

Of course, they're the Milwaukee ****ing Bucks.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

RJ has only been injured in 2 seasons where he played 50+ games and 30+ games. And the last 2 season he's played in all 164 games. So I don't think he's injury prone as oppose to Ginobli, I think this is a great move by SA, this will them contenders in the west again.

MLB ERA

The Spurs are still an old, old team.

As good as Duncan still is at times, he's not leading you to a title next year without a really good cast of supporting talent & roleplayers and a fully healthy Ginobli. He's just not the same player he was a few years ago.

Keep in mind their role-players are all old as dirt at this point, too. Bowen will be back, but he's still ancient. Jefferson is a nice piece, but not one that will win you a title.

I'll say the Spurs with Duncan leading them, probably won't win another ring at this rate. Maybe they'll bomb out in the next year or two, get a high pick and draft his succesor, ala Robinson with Duncan in the 90s. But really, he's going to be a year older next season, and if Manu doesn't stay healthy all season, I don't give them much of a shot to be contenders. 6-8 seed, sure.

They need to get young in a hurry. They got lucky when they drafted Duncan. If they don't encounter a similar situation, they're going to be a non-factor in the West in 2 years or so and have to start over.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Nick, I agree with you to some extent, but Duncan is 33, Ginobili is 31, Parker is only 27, and Jefferson is 29, so I think by making this trade they are saying that the window of opertunity is closing down, so its a make or break for them. And honestly Duncan has yet to show his age on the court.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They still have Tony Parker. He's actually their best player after Duncan. They'll have scoring options everywhere with Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, and Mason Jr. running on the court. They'll just have to pay the luxury tax for a bench.