Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Draft Mistakes

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    No, you're wrong.

They will get to develop their game in the NBDL which is much better than college.
    How is the NBDL much better than college other than they will get a small payday?

AA ERA
    He explained it earlier witht he 24/7 training and stuff. I personally would rather get the college education in case I don't succeed.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is such a tough situation, do you go to the NBDL, which does have some talent but its about the same as AAA in MLB. Or do you go to college, while you get an edcuation, the BS you have to put up with being the NCAA. There has got to be a way that high schoolers can go to college even with the damn agent. Edcuation is important and NCAA has to realize that until then i wouldnt want to be a guy that people make 3 billion dollars on per year.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG COUNTRY
    Actually if some of these high schoolers were as good as they thought they were the NCAA would gain them millions in the long term. You dont get all world money in the 2nd round, if they go to college and do good they will get millions more in their first contract. me personally i would rather develop in college, it usually works, look how many college players were drafted and college rarely hurts you.
    If I'm a blue chip HS recruit, I would rather sign a 500k-1mil. shoe contract, and then get all the training attention in the NBDL to work on my game.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    How is the NBDL much better than college other than they will get a small payday?
    In college, you are only allowed to work with your coaching and training staff for X amount of hours per week. In the NBDL, you will receive much more attention. It's not even close.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12