Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jermey Roenick tells fans to kiss his behind

AA ERA

Jermey Roenick tells fans to kiss his behind

You would think players would know when to say the right things when the situation speaks for itself. Now I know JR is JR, but gee whiz. It's bad enough that there are fans who are mad at the players for refusing to take the owners offer and for causing the lockout so you would think JR would be politically correct. Unfortunately, that's not the case. He ripped on fans and critics for blaming the players on the lockout. Why would he go out and say stuff like that? You would think the players would find ways to mend fences with the fans, but JR just added gasoiline to the fire. I am dissapointed in him. You got millionares who demand a better deal while the average Joe is struggling to take care of his or her family and the average Joe trying to pay exoribtant ticket prices to see his or her favorite team. I am not sure what point JR was trying to make ripping the fans and even blaming the fans. What he said never made sense, but then again has Jermey Roenick ever made sense.

Now it's not the time to attack he disgruntled fans.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/arti...625_213504_5688

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There was more to the interview than what's being commercially broadcasted on the news...
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Again, shit's being taken out of context. He was calling the players stupid for not taking the offer on the table before the season. He was then asked about fans who thought that the NHL players were spoiled.

"They could have listened to the players who had an idea of where this was going - myself, (Flyers teammate) Robert Esche, (Calgary Flames captain) Jarome Iginla and (St. Louis Blues defenceman) Chris Pronger," he explained.

You guys watch too much ESPN.

"Right now we look like a bunch of idiots...The deal in February beats the (expletive) out of the deal we're gonna sign in July."

"It's unfortunate we had to go through a whole year to realize the (expletive) that was going on," said Roenick. "We've hurt our league, we've hurt the reputation of our league and the integrity of our league by sticking up for something that might not have been the right thing to do."

"If people are going to sit and chastise pro athletes for being cocky - for being suck asses - they need to look at one thing and that's the deal we're going to be signing in about three weeks," he said.

"Pro athletes are not cocky. Pro athletes care about the game. Everybody out there who calls us spoiled because we play a game - they can kiss my ass."

"I will say personally, personally, to everybody who calls us spoiled - you guys are just jealous... We're trying to get this thing back on the ice and make it better for the fans. If you don't realize that, then don't come. We don't want you in the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey."

He was right. I completely agree with him. Again, ESPN takes quotes out of context to make a story.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    He should have told the owners to kiss his behind. I am tired of fans getting angry at the players and not at the BILLIONAIRE owners.

AA ERA
    I agree with General. Dumb comments regardless, but not as bad in context.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

His comments make complete sense. It's the asshole who asked the question who should be crucified, not JR. And I hate the Flyers!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Good for him. He is one of the more sane players out there. He is extremely smart and knows what he is talking about. I loved seeing him make Dan Patrick squirm on ESPN yesterday. ESPN is turning into the National Enquirer.

Oh, you saw that tidbit on ESPN? Dan Patrick's ass was GRASS!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It was classic. It would have been better if it was Stu Scott.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Man, do I hate Scott!

MLB ERA
    still the players' fault that we missed out on a year of hockey, hopefully this will mean the end of Bob Goodenow era
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    its the players and owners fault. Did you not get the whole point of what Roenik was trying to say?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    He should have told the owners to kiss his behind. I am tired of fans getting angry at the players and not at the BILLIONAIRE owners.
    Yeah and I am getting tired of you having no clue of what's goes on with the billionare owners. You do realize that there are certain owners in Canada who are struggling. Lot of NHL teams are on the red. Teams are losing money which includes the New Jersey Devils. You got owners ready to sell their teams. Yeah some owners are rich, but most ownwers in the NHL HAVE LOST MONEY.

And a lot at that. Good job to most of you for NOT LISTENING TO ROENICK'S POINT. Neg reps aplently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast