Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Championship game is the best?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    NO one else likes the Stanley Cup? I'm ashamed.
    Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals hasn't been that great in the last two years which is why I haven't pick the Stanley Cup Finals. Devils creamed the Ducks two years ago at CAA and the Lightning beat a very tired Flames team last year at Tampa Bay. In 2001, the Avalanche cleary blistered the Devils in Denver for Game 7 of the Cup. I do love watching Game 7 of the first and second round. Especially the first round. I recalled there was three or four Game 7s couple of yeras ago. That's heaven for hockey fans.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    The Stanley Cup wins. Quite easily, too.
    Word.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    But, if we're talking about just one game, then the BCS Championship game.

I'm such a college football whore.
    I really wish USC and LSU played against each other couple of years ago for that championship game at New Orleans. It should have happened. Hopefully, we will see it in a couple of years. That would have been some game for sure.

Stanley Cup owns. Nothing like playoff hockey.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Stanley Cup owns. Nothing like playoff hockey.

Hockey sucks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Well, my point was that the Super Bowl is so highly influenced by corporations. Look at all the sponsors all over the field, all the entertainment shows, and remember, it's these big corporations who get all the tickets and then re-distribute them. That's why you never see very many diehard football fans at the game. It's disgusting.
    True ture, its too bad too. All the people in the stadium just happened(hope i heard you correct) to get tickets becasue their company bought it.

2 things:

1.) It's h-o-c-k-e-y.
    2.) It is a real man's sport.
    3.) It's more fun to watch than any other sport (too many breaks on other sports).
    4.) It doesn't take forever (AKA, baseball, when Rodrigo Lopez pitches).

MLB ERA
    World Series, but I have to admit Stanly Cup is a close 2nd, even though I harly watch any of the regular season. Then Superbowl. And last, the NBA Finals which I don't watch at all.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AA ERA
    Playoff hockey is pretty darn good, 777. That's the only time hockey is great IMO.

I actually love it when both teams are on OT in the playoffs. There is nothing like sudden death.

MLB ERA
    2 things:

1.) It's h-o-c-k-e-y.
    2.) It is a real man's sport.
    3.) It's more fun to watch than any other sport (too many breaks on other sports).
    4.) It doesn't take forever (AKA, baseball, when Rodrigo Lopez pitches).
    Sorry again about that, I was in a hurry

NFL is a real mans sport.

NFL takes a gajillion hours to play 1 hour. Most of it is spent grabbing one's balls. Much like baseball.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    NFL is a real mans sport.
    And with that comment I can assume you have never played a game of ice hockey versus tough competition. I suggest you go to the closest rink and find out about their open ice times to see when the public can play. You may be in for a world of surprise.

I will not deny that football isn't a gritty and tough sport, because it is. But to say hockey isn't on the same level (which it seems you are implying) is paying no respect to the game and proves you haven't experienced real hockey. Trust me, when a guy who weighs a good 75 lbs more than you comes flying full force on skates and slams you against the boards, you'll learn hockey isn't for the weak. And you'll feel that hit the next day.

Wow...mission defending his sport! Completely agree with all you said Mission, by the way. I go to high school hockey games, and those guys get crushed...I've been to a few Rangers games..they were being mashed like potatoes. Hockey>>Football.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    And with that comment I can assume you have never played a game of ice hockey versus tough competition. I suggest you go to the closest rink and find out about their open ice times to see when the public can play. You may be in for a world of surprise.

I will not deny that football isn't a gritty and tough sport, because it is. But to say hockey isn't on the same level (which it seems you are implying) is paying no respect to the game and proves you haven't experienced real hockey. Trust me, when a guy who weighs a good 75 lbs more than you comes flying full force on skates and slams you against the boards, you'll learn hockey isn't for the weak. And you'll feel that hit the next day.

I see your point, nice statement . Alright maybe if their's a NEW NHL team I might follow it alright .

Hey I forgot the Olympics, its pretty hard to win a medal there.

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Hey I forgot the Olympics, its pretty hard to win a medal there.
    Ya think? Thanks, Captn. Obvious. You sound like John Madden.

MLB ERA
    So Gen. where does an Olympic medal for you, in the best Championship?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast