Thread: Pat McAfee: A future in pro wrestling, perhaps?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Other Pat McAfee: A future in pro wrestling, perhaps?

He might have a career to fall back on if his NFL dream doesn't work out ...

Pat McAfee, who was the kicker for West Virginia University, is hoping to hear his name called on April 25 at the 2009 NFL Draft.

But he also heard another calling. The calling of pro wrestling.

McAfee wrestled an impromptu match this weekend for IWA East Coast where he scored a win over independent pro wrestler, War Pig.

IWA had him on hand to originally just sign autographs, but was goaded into the ring where he was attacked by War Pig who went right to work on his legs.

However, he was able to work his way back to a victory in his pro wrestling debut.

McAfee isn't quite ready to do wrestling full-time. He still has his hopes set on being drafted by an NFL team in late April's draft.

“I’ve always said if this whole football thing doesn’t work out I’d love to (try wrestling),” McAfee told West Virginia TV station WTRF. “I think the guys at IWA would definitely help me out cause they are such good people and helped by training me.”

But it looks like wrestling might just have to wait. McAfee is a top tier place kicker and punter coming out of college. He was a semi-finalist for the 2007 and 2008 Lou Groza Award (award for nation's best college place kicker), a finalist for the 2008 Ray Guy Award (award for nation's best college punter), and was named to the ESPN All-Bowl Team following the 2008 bowl season. In addition, McAfee was a second-team All-American in 2008, and also holds numerous WVU records and Big East records.

You can read more and see his match online by clicking here.
    NFL Draft Prospect Becomes Pro Wrestler

Former WVU Kicker Makes Wrestling Debut - WTRF-TV - WTRF.com

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Pat McAfee: A future in pro wrestling, perhaps?

USC's kicker would kick his ass.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)