Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NCAA Tourney Thread

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: NCAA Tourney Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    How come all the BE fans went silent after they were eliminated? Great year by the BE BUT they had 3 #1 seeds and "only" got 2 to the FF and didn't get a single team to the title game. And people were comparing this year's BE to 1985
    Went silent? What, were we supposed to talk in a thread that was pointless at that point?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Went silent? What, were we supposed to talk in a thread that was pointless at that point?
    And is still pointless, the BE was the best conference last year, just cause one of their teams couldn't beat the NBA team (they had 3 first rounders last year RETURN TO SCHOOL, also have 2 more that would be this year if they declared) so can you blame the BE conference for not beating them.

Also a team that loses to BC at home when they are your best team isn't good at all, who was the worst loss suffered by an elite BE team? Georgetown? they beat memphis so they were pretty good too.

Sorry NYJUNC, but the BE was better... maybe the ACC had one better team but as a whole the BE was better.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Outside of UNC, Who did anything for the ACC?

Wake Forest? Lost to Cleveland St in Round 1
    Boston College? Lost to USC in round 1
    Congrats Maryland, you guys beat Cal who stumbled worse than Arizona into the tourney. Then lost in round 2
    Florida State? How the **** do you lose to Wisconsin
    Duke? Didn't a BE team blow them out the building in Nova, I think so. One of two teams that survived the 1st weekend.
    Clemson? Lost to Michigan in round 1

So really what did the ACC do? UNC was the consensus favorite to win it all. They had the most talented team. But the ACC as a whole waffled and caved in.

That's not the point. All these "big" Big East fans were yapping all year about hopw great they were then they disappeared when the BE teams lost. The BE still had a great yera but people were acting like it was 1985 and it wasn't close. 2 weeks ago BE fans were talking about getting 4 teams in the FF, they got half that(w/ 3 #1 seeds) and they didn't get a single team to the title game and no BE fan had anything to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    If I'm a UNC fan, I should be glad that the other ACC teams blew in the tourney. Arguing about conference superiority is such bull crap when you include hated rivals on your side.
    At the end of the day all I care about is UNC and I'd rather have the ACC fall on their face and the Heels win it all than the opposite BUT the BE fans talk so much trash all the time as if their conf has done anything in the last 20+ years then they actually have success and talk trash only to run and hide when adversity hits.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    And is still pointless, the BE was the best conference last year, just cause one of their teams couldn't beat the NBA team (they had 3 first rounders last year RETURN TO SCHOOL, also have 2 more that would be this year if they declared) so can you blame the BE conference for not beating them.

Also a team that loses to BC at home when they are your best team isn't good at all, who was the worst loss suffered by an elite BE team? Georgetown? they beat memphis so they were pretty good too.

Sorry NYJUNC, but the BE was better... maybe the ACC had one better team but as a whole the BE was better.
    So Carolina losing to a Tourney team at home is a big deal(that same team went undefeated against BE teams) but carolina smashing the final BE team standing and smashing the team that just beat 2 of the top 3 BE teams isn't a big deal? Let's get real. teams will have bad days but I'm not sure anyone has had the Tourney run the Heels just had, every game was won by AT LEAST 12 points and outside fo the LSU game all the other scores were closer than the games were as teams scored some points in garbage time to make it look closer than it was.

I agree the BE had a better Tourney and that weighs more heavily than the reg season so they get the edge overall BUT another title-less year and another year w/o a team even in the title game.

For those scoring at home:

1980-2009:

Final Fours
    ACC: 28
    BE: 15

Title Game Apps
    ACC: 14
    BE: 9

National Titles
    ACC: 9
    BE: 5

Years w/ Multiple FF teams
    ACC: 5
    BE: 3

Longest FF streaks
    ACC: 8('88-'94)
    BE: 2('84-'85 & '03-'04)

Of the 30 FF's played from 1980-2009 there has been at least 1 ACC in 23 of them while there has been at least BE team in 11 of them.

The BE was the bets this past year but people act like they are consistently great and have been for a long time. it's not even a competition w/ the ACC, the BE is so far behind in the rear view mirror it's not even debateable.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Congratulations, you just proved something that not a god damn person in this thread was arguing about.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Congratulations, you just proved something that not a god damn person in this thread was arguing about.
    I was just updating the overall #s for those confused into thinking the BE historically is anywhere near the ACC.

I proved what I was trying to prove and that was the BE fans disappearing after they lost. I can't stand when supposed fans will talk trash when their team(s) play well but disappear when they lose.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456