Thread: New York Knicks trade for Quentin Richardson

MLB ERA

New York Knicks trade for Quentin Richardson

and send Kurt Thomas to Phoenix. Isiah is a moron, but I guess we all knew that. Isiah traded the only player on his roster with any heart for ANOTHER ballhog, bricklayer with no basketball IQ whatsoever.

Phoenix makes this trade, because it frees up some money to sign Joe Johnson to the max this summer and because Kurt is a pretty good defender inside and can hit the jumper in the half-court set. New York makes this trade for no reason I can think of at this moment.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In other news, Bucks fired head coach Terry Porter. NBA coaches are being canned as often as NHL coaches nowadays.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, that was terrible timing. My only guess is that they thought they had a real shot at getting a coach like Flip Saunders. I still think it's the wrong move to make. Terry Porter got tha team to overachieve. As long as they re-sign Redd and TJ Ford stays healthy, they are a playoff team. And that isn't even considering the #1 pick.

Knicks continue to be morons. Kurt Thomas was the only guy left on the Knicks I liked, besides Marbury.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Thomas has heart? He sure as heck didn't have it in Dallas, in two years he played a whopping 5 games. Then he spurns a deal from Dallas and signs with NY (Nelson had to find out through the media).

Then in an article in Feb 2000, Thomas trashes Dallas because they weren't staying at "5 star hotels" and he called Dallas a second rate city. A few weeks later Cuban became owner, Dallas is on their way up, Knicks go downward.

There's 2 players I hope never see a winning season again, Jim Jackson and Kurt Thomas. Both are punks who are selfish and care only about themselves, it's a shame that Thomas is now on a winning team and Jackson suckers playoff teams every year to take him.....

Well, Richardson can shoot 3s..and the Knicks need a guy who can do that...I still don't like the deal.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Terry Porter did a horrible job this past season. His team quit on him and his team did not play defense. Bucks had to fire him.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Terry Porter did a horrible job this past season. His team quit on him and his team did not play defense. Bucks had to fire him.
    TJ Ford was hurt all year. That's a legit excuse.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bucks made the playoffs when the east was incredibly weak a couple of seasons ago. The east drastically changed, that's really unfair to Porter. It was surprising enough they got in the playoffs once in his short regime, but that ultimately killed him.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Well, Richardson can shoot 3s..and the Knicks need a guy who can do that...I still don't like the deal.
    You are right. Q can shoot 3's, he just can't make them.

AA ERA
    Ford got hurt, but it did not mean the Bucks had to go quit and get lazy either. Had his team played hard and not go through the motions late in the season, Porter would still be coaching the Bucks. It's one thing to lose, but it's another to quit and that's why the Bucks did. I thought the firing stink, but Larry Harris felt something had to happen so he did what he had to do.

I am glad Porter was fired now than later because I fear the Timberwolves would have hired Porter as the coach instead of Casey.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I seem to remember Q once dunking the ball. Musta been 3 or 4 years ago.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.