Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCAA Championship Week

AAA ERA

Re: NCAA Championship Week

Regardless of which conf was rated higher UL used a weaker BE sched and only faced the top teams twice during the season and both were at home.

The committee said overall body of work was what mattered well UL's overall body of work is not more impressive than Pitt or UNCs.

Why does UNC get penalized for an injury to a player that is coming back but UConn gets the benfot of the doubt for a player that isn't coming back?

Streaks of beating ranked teams are meaningless and remember SU wasn't even ranked late int he year until that had that creampuff last 4-5 games whereh they re-established themselves as a ranked team.

If memphis played in a good conference they'd probably be a 4-5 seed as they'd have about 3-4 more losses. Remember they struggled in non-conf, they weren't even ranked headning into conf and they end up top 5 beating up that weak league. This is not the memphis of last year, they are good but not top seed good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lousiville is #5 in RPI so yeah, they played a damn good schedule! Streaks of beating ranked opponents do matter especially when you play so many of them. When the Big East poutright is a great body of work.

And who is UConn missing? Why should they get penalized? UNC was penalized for losing a game to Florida St. and nothing else.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Regardless of which conf was rated higher UL used a weaker BE sched and only faced the top teams twice during the season and both were at home.

The committee said overall body of work was what mattered well UL's overall body of work is not more impressive than Pitt or UNCs.
    The committee also said winning both your regular season and postseason tournaments was very important as well. The top teams UNC faced? Duke and... Pitt and Uconn couldn't be the #1 overall without winning the regular or postseason.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It's simple: the 4 best teams should have gotten the 4 #1 seeds.

The 4 best teams this season, in my opinion, were Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Connecticut. So there you have it.

I would have had no problem with Memphis getting a 1 seed as well, but UConn had a more impressive resume.

And as for Louisville, the only 1 seed to win both their conference and postseason titles (in the best league in the country) was the Cardinals...so they were certainly worthy of the #1 overall seed.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Simple but yet straight to the point. I love it browntown!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Lousiville is #5 in RPI so yeah, they played a damn good schedule! Streaks of beating ranked opponents do matter especially when you play so many of them. When the Big East poutright is a great body of work.

And who is UConn missing? Why should they get penalized? UNC was penalized for losing a game to Florida St. and nothing else.
    Who is UConn missing? Seriously? They lost one of their best players in Andre Dyson 7 games ago or so. They clearly haven't been the same team since he got hurt losing 3 of their last 6 including not winning a game in the BE Tourney yet they kept a 1. Carolina was clearly the 1 overall heading into conf tourney play, they win a game w/o lawson then lose a close one to a team that is a 5 seed(again w/o lawson) and they drop to 3 overall while Pitt didn't win a game in it's tourney and UL8 didn't have to beat any of the top BE teams?

Again, in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but when the tourney chair comes on and says it's about the entire body of work I don't see how they could give UL the 1 overall and give UConn a one.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    The committee also said winning both your regular season and postseason tournaments was very important as well. The top teams UNC faced? Duke and... Pitt and Uconn couldn't be the #1 overall without winning the regular or postseason.
    Duke, Wake, FSU, Clemson, BC, Martyland, Michigan State. As far as just top teams. The heels were 3-0 against top 2 seeds, UL was 1-1 against against top 2 seeds. The Heels won those 3 games by an AVERAGE of 19 points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    It's simple: the 4 best teams should have gotten the 4 #1 seeds.

The 4 best teams this season, in my opinion, were Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Connecticut. So there you have it.

I would have had no problem with Memphis getting a 1 seed as well, but UConn had a more impressive resume.

And as for Louisville, the only 1 seed to win both their conference and postseason titles (in the best league in the country) was the Cardinals...so they were certainly worthy of the #1 overall seed.
    UL won their reg season and conf tourney BUT they didn't play a tough BE sched compared to Pitt and UConn. Would anyone say UL was better than Pitt and UConn? Of course not but Ul had the benefit of only playing those teams twice and both of the games were at HOME.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who is UConn missing? Seriously? They lost one of their best players in Andre Dyson 7 games ago or so. They clearly haven't been the same team since he got hurt losing 3 of their last 6 including not winning a game in the BE Tourney yet they kept a 1. Carolina was clearly the 1 overall heading into conf tourney play, they win a game w/o lawson then lose a close one to a team that is a 5 seed(again w/o lawson) and they drop to 3 overall while Pitt didn't win a game in it's tourney and UL8 didn't have to beat any of the top BE teams?

Again, in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but when the tourney chair comes on and says it's about the entire body of work I don't see how they could give UL the 1 overall and give UConn a one.

Duke, Wake, FSU, Clemson, BC, Martyland, Michigan State. As far as just top teams. The heels were 3-0 against top 2 seeds, UL was 1-1 against against top 2 seeds. The Heels won those 3 games by an AVERAGE of 19 points per game.

UL won their reg season and conf tourney BUT they didn't play a tough BE sched compared to Pitt and UConn. Would anyone say UL was better than Pitt and UConn? Of course not but Ul had the benefit of only playing those teams twice and both of the games were at HOME.
    They won the games they had to win. The Big East has an unbalanced schedule. Pitt and UConn didn't take care of business. Plain and simple. UL beat Nova twice, Cuse twice, Providence, Pitt, West Virginia twice, Marquette, and Providence twice. Sure they lost to UConn and Notre Dame. Pitt only split with West Virginia, and lost to Nova. UConn couldn't beat Pitt if you spotted them 10 right now (lost by 18 and 10 in their head to head) and lost to freaking GEORGETOWN.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lousiville was 5th in RPI so its ignorant to say they didnt play a tough schedule. Its not Louisville's fault UConn and Pitt couldn't get in the Big East tourney finals. Name another team that won their conference outright in the top ranked conference. This is another stupid ****ing argument that I am done with.

AAA ERA

Lousiville was 5th in RPI so its ignorant to say they didnt play a tough schedule. Its not Louisville's fault UConn and Pitt couldn't get in the Big East tourney finals. Name another team that won their conference outright in the top ranked conference. This is another stupid ****ing argument that I am done with.
    If you actually followed college basketball you wouldn't make such a silly statement. You can't bring out the RPI for one argument and ignore it for others. if they were 5th in the RPI wouldn't that make them the top 2 seed? That is meaningless anyway.

Let's look at their reg season:

beat:

-Villanova by 1 when 'Nova was struggling
    -Pitt at home
    -SU at SU when SU was beat up and struggling
    -swept WVU
    -Beat Marquette after they lost James

So really they had 3 impressive wins(sweeping WVU and beating Pitt).

Other than those teams they beat:

-USF twice
    -RU
    -ND(also lost by 33 to ND)
    -SJU
    -Depaul
    -Prov
    -Cincy
    -GU
    -SH

This is impressive?

They deserved A 1 not THE 1. You have to account for the teams they played in the BE and their BE scheds weren't as tough as Pitt and UConn PLUS they were bad in non-conf play losing at home to Western KY by FOURTEEN! losing at home to UNLV when UNLV was w/o their best player and losing at Minnesota. Their best non-conf win was Kentucky by 3 at home. The tourney chair talked about the entire body of work, winning road games well Ul struggled in non-conf and only had 3 quality road wins all year.

Actually watch the games then come talk to me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Being 5th in RPI means being a #2 seed?? Hilarious and illogical!! And I never ignored RPI before. Louisville did better than Uconn and Pitt!!! That's why they are number one!! Winning the Big East outright is very, very impressive! They swept Villanova and Syracuse too but somehow keep ignoring that one. I watched every Louisville game so I am talking to ya! Its very easy to see why they were #1 overall! Find another team that won their conference outright and you might have a point but you can't!! Why not quit crying over the obvious and talk some baseball?

AAA ERA

Being 5th in RPI means being a #2 seed?? Hilarious and illogical!! And I never ignored RPI before. Louisville did better than Uconn and Pitt!!! That's why they are number one!! Winning the Big East outright is very, very impressive! They swept Villanova and Syracuse too but somehow keep ignoring that one. I watched every Louisville game so I am talking to ya! Its very easy to see why they were #1 overall! Find another team that won their conference outright and you might have a point but you can't!! Why not quit crying over the obvious and talk some baseball?

There are 4 1 seeds so if you are #5 that would make you the first #2 seed, is this really that difficult to comprehend?

This isn't a big deal to me but you are making it a big deal. CLEARLY UL did not deserve the 1 overall. You have to take into account the softer sched they had compared to the other top BE teams. Give Pitt or UConn their sched and they easily win the BE reg season. It's not a big deal but they clearly didn't do enough to earn the 1 overall especially w/ the criteria the committee chair was talking about.

It's way too early to talk baseball. I can't get into the boring WBC, I just want to see the yanks healthy going into the season. Wake me when the exhibition games vs. the Cubs at New Yankee Stadium are taking place.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There are 4 1 seeds so if you are #5 that would make you the first #2 seed, is this really that difficult to comprehend?
    Not when you win the toughest conference in basketball outright.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123