Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN: Changes to the NBA's new CBA

MLB ERA
    I think this will be cool. Man following NBA is going to be like MLB, becasue of the minor leauge, but it will still be enjoyable. More sports teams for me to follow lol.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    I think this will be cool. Man following NBA is going to be like MLB, becasue of the minor leauge, but it will still be enjoyable. More sports teams for me to follow lol.
    I agree. For me, it's very exciting to see the possibilities of having a real minor league system. A decade from now, the NBDL will have a bigger talent pool than college basketball and that's real. It may take longer than 10 years, but over time players will realize they can develop more & faster in the NBDL.

MLB ERA
    You think in the WAY FUTURE, NBA teams will end up having their onw minor leaug teams?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    You think in the WAY FUTURE, NBA teams will end up having their onw minor leaug teams?
    No. I think it will stay the way it is now, with two NBA teams being affiliated with one NBDL team. A 2:1 ratio is best. Otherwise, it's just too much.

CChambers, here's a juicy quote froM Greg Oden's mother:

"I'm teed off because I just don't understand what they're trying to prove or what this will accomplish," Oden's mother, Zoe, said as she prepared to watch her son in the Indiana Junior-Senior All Star game at Pendleton Heights. "This means that Greg is held back a year. . . . The option has been taken from him. I don't think that's right. I'm not happy."
    It's not just the teenagers who want to cash in, but the parents as well. Most of these prep stars come from low economic status. Do you really think his mom wants her son to turn down going to the NBDL and a fifty million dollar shoe deal just so her son can go to college for a year? Think about it. It is very hard for big men to dominate in NCAA basketball. It's a guard oriented game. Not to mention, foul trouble. I would not be surprised if Oden went to the NBDL for a year instead of college.

MLB ERA
    She has waited 18 years, she can wait one more. Selfish. Greg seemed serious about his desire to play in college, I still think that in the end he ends up at OSU for one year. And he will get his 20/10, add 15 pounds, and still be the number one pick. The person who gets screwed over is OJ Mayo, the only player since LeBron that could keep him out of the 1st spot is going to be in the same draft as him.

MLB ERA
    OJ Mayo will NEVER step foot in college, though.

MLB ERA
    Exactly. Oden is one year ahead of Mayo, Oden is going to get held back one year because he needs to be 19, Mayo will be 19 that year too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12