Thread: Why do players get so mad at the Pro Bowl?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NFL Why do players get so mad at the Pro Bowl?

Does everyone have insane clauses like Albert Haynesworth? Cause the Pro Bowl is the biggest joke allstar game of the four major sports. A dozen won't even end up going and we're down to our 4th string extra to take someone's place. Brett Favre never goes. Blah blah blah.

I don't know why London Fletcher is so mad. I'd rather make the All Pro Team than voted in to the Pro Bowl. It's not even a real football game with all the silly rules.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Why do players get so mad at the Pro Bowl?

BECAUSE EVERYBODY CARES WHAT THE CASUAL FANS WHO STUFF THE BALLOTS FOR THEIR OWN TEAM THINK... THUS WHY SO MANY JETS AND GIANTS GOT IN !?!?!

dr z's all pro team is the only one care about infact... other than that, dont give a shit about any of these things. its all based on name. most of the jet guys were deserving honestly... except favre, although even him you might have a case for... but that still doesnt change the fact theres 15 or something absurd new york (giants and jets) players on the rosters, because they let the fans vote for offensive lineman and shit too, when most of them have no clue about that. shaun o'hara, seriously? jenkins, jones (due to a lack of deep rb class in the afc as opposed to the nfc) and revis deserve to be there... faneca got in more on name, though hes been solid... mangold got his just desserts from last year where he was the best center in the league, hes been solid though too... kerry rhodes got snubbed (although, when you have the 31st ranked pass defense, how can you justify 1... let alone 2... of your secondary going to the pro bowl)... and leon is the man so he should be listed at every position on the pro bowl roster. of course, i too am biased... so what the **** do i know.

i pretty much just rambled throughout that whole second paragraph. the underlying point of the first capitalized sentence still holds water though... although not to the point of this thread. im pretty much just rambling as to why the pro bowl means nothing. hooray for being drunk and not having work for another 22 hours.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If the jets miss the playoffs, it's going to look really funny.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Shaun O'Hara and Thomas Jones were both deserving I think. Faneca as well. I think Fred Robbins got snubbed, but he did fade towards the end of the season. I don't think there were any undeserving guys voted in from the Giants, but the Jets did have a few guys who shouldn't be there. I agree on those guys from the secondary, an absolute joke
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Justin Tuck deserved it, but

John Abraham is sitting on the falcons with 15 sacks, 2 games left. Would be odd if he were to reach 18 or more and not get an invite, eh?
    Ted

MLB ERA

Abraham should be in. There were a lot of defensive guys who should make it this year I feel, and there's not enough room for them all.

I agree that the Pro Bowl is an absolute joke, but so are all the Pro Bowls/All-Star games in pro sports. It should all solely rely on coach and player votes, because 99% of voting fans are too stupid to figure it out. But that takes all the marketing ability about of the game. So unfortunately it will never happen
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

If you ask me- and I'm admittedly biased- Faneca and Jones were undoubtedly deserving. Mangold and Favre are arguable. Leon Washington was undoubtedly a good choice at returner. Jenkins and Revis were also good choices in my mind. Both have done a great job this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

eh, like you said its pretty much a joke. the only reason some players go is because its in honolulu, and they can bring their wife... or girlfriend... or wife and girlfriend... for a somewhat free vacation. favre will drop out, jenkins will drop out, faneca will probably drop out... just using the jets... only the guys whos 1st or 2nd time will actually go. so when we do finish 3rd behind the pats and dolphs, itll be just as irrelevant as our season turned out to be.

this was to zito... i took so long to type that between getting another drink and buying a pack of cigs that like 8 replies popped up in there.

MLB ERA

As a Chargers fan I'll point out that Gates doesn't deserve it this year.

Rivers, however, should have been in.

Although, to be fair, the QBs voted in aren't really undeserving either, and since Favre won't attend Rivers might get in anyways.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why do they even still have a Pro Bowl is a better question.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Why do they even still have a Pro Bowl is a better question.
    thats a very good question, since its the most worthless all star event of the 4 major sports.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They have it so that we can gamble one last time after the climax reached with the Super Bowl.

AAA ERA

Only complete and utter.. sad sacks of shit.. who are as lonely as Mike Tyson.. would gamble on the pro bowl.. HULAAAA HOOP

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    thats a very good question, since its the most worthless all star event of the 4 major sports.
    Its a worthless event period! Peter King said it best when he said he'd rather watch a Nationals inter-squad game in February.