View Poll Results: How many Regular Season losses will UNC have?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

2 33.33%

1 16.67%
  • 5+

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will UNC lose? - College Basketball

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Will UNC lose? - College Basketball

Jesus ****ing christ dude!! How can you miss a point so badly. Of course this is pointless arguing this with a Yankees fan. You have zero objectivity! Yes, the Yankees are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports. No one here is saying they are irrelevant and no one is saying they don;t deserve coverage. We are all saying they get way too much coverage just like UNC and Duke!! There are more interesting teams in MLB but you would never know it because the Yankees and Red Sox get all the coverage.

Yes I have done a poll on this site and it was said the Yankees and Red Sox get way too much coverage and a little known website called ESPN.com have done sportsnation polls they say the same thing. You know, objective fans voting for how they feel. Fans care about the game more than the Red Sox and Yankees hype machine. Baseball suffers from the lack of coverage to the other teams and in some cases better teams. If you cant see that, you're just dumb and not objective!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Jesus ****ing christ dude!! How can you miss a point so badly. Of course this is pointless arguing this with a Yankees fan. You have zero objectivity! Yes, the Yankees are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports. No one here is saying they are irrelevant and no one is saying they don;t deserve coverage. We are all saying they get way too much coverage just like UNC and Duke!! There are more interesting teams in MLB but you would never know it because the Yankees and Red Sox get all the coverage.

Yes I have done a poll on this site and it was said the Yankees and Red Sox get way too much coverage and a little known website called ESPN.com have done sportsnation polls they say the same thing. You know, objective fans voting for how they feel. Fans care about the game more than the Red Sox and Yankees hype machine. Baseball suffers from the lack of coverage to the other teams and in some cases better teams. If you cant see that, you're just dumb and not objective!
    Yerp a Yankee fan has zero objectivity but a Yankee hater does?

The Yankees, UNC-Duke get the coverage they deserve b/c people care about them. What are these other teams/stories that are getting shortchanged b/c of those teams as far as media coverage goes? Please list them.

So you are telling me you conducted a poll on this site and that is what you are using in an argument? Did 30 people respond?

We are talking about the 2 most successful teams in MLb this decade that happen to be rivals in the same division. What would you like them to cover more? Again- cubs-card? Giants-Dodgers? How about Royals-Cardinals? The Yanks and Sox do have National follwongs and in the Yanks case people love them or hate them much like the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL. Dallas has gotten incredible media attention the last few years and they haven't even won a playoff game, Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996. Dallas and the Yankees are teams on different levels than everyone else so they will always get the media attention and deserve it b/c everyone cares about them in one way or the other.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Not a Yankee hater. A baseball fan has all the objectivity, Yankees fans talking about the Yankees have zero. I already said Sportsnation polls have backed up what the ST3 forum's poll said. We all know you can;t read but you can at least try. I also love how you now say UNC-Duke get the coverage they deserve after saying they were overhyped. And thanks for bringing up Dallas Cowboy football. They are another team that gets way more coverage than they should. Keep helping me out, I like it

AAA ERA

Polls are meaningless, people skew polls all the time and there are probably more Yankee haters than Yankee fans even though there are more Yankee fans than any other team so polls don't tell the story but please post those results, I'd likle to see how it broke out by state.

When did I say UNC-duke was overhyped?

Helping you out? This is common sports sense that you lack. Your jealousy of these higher profile teams is comical. I dislike the Dallas Cowboys but they are the closest thing we have to the Yankees in another sport. They are a team loved or hated by everyone, there isn't a middle ground like w/ most teams and that's why they get the coverage that they do. This isn't that difficult of a concept, someday you'll understand.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Polls are meaningless now? Just because the polls are going aginst your argument they are meaningless? Typical response from you. These are sports fans who have had it with the coverage. They want more than hearing about two teams when it comes to baseball. I am not jealous of any team. I just want teams to get their justice in coverage. Again, no one is saying the Yankees are irrelevant, just vastly overhyped and get way more coverage than they DESERVE!

AAA ERA

Polls are meaningless now? Just because the polls are going aginst your argument they are meaningless? Typical response from you. These are sports fans who have had it with the coverage. They want more than hearing about two teams when it comes to baseball. I am not jealous of any team. I just want teams to get their justice in coverage. Again, no one is saying the Yankees are irrelevant, just vastly overhyped and get way more coverage than they DESERVE!
    Please show an ounce of intelligence. People don't skew polls, huh? Those polls aren't scientific and you know that. Stop being silly please.

The Phillies didn't get any media coverage? the Rays didn't? it's not like they sacrificed coverage of other teams for the Yanks and the Yanks got more than maybe they should have b/c the most famous Stadium in the World(outside of the Colisseum) was closing down.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You telling me to show intelligence is rich Yes, some people can skew polls but according to you the Yankees and Red Sox are beloved throughout the land but yet the majority still seem they get more coverage than they should. Very interesting. What else is interesting is that the NY and Boston area is very populated which should skew the votes in their favor but yet the rest of the free thinking country still think they get too much coverage. So with all these Red Sox and Yankees fans throughout the land to skew the polls in their favor, they failed to do so? Polls are a lot more scientific than pulling shit out of your ass like you seem to.

No, the Phillies and Mets didn't get enough media attention. The White Sox/Twins race for first was hardly mentioned at all. The only team with 100 wins the Angels didn't get enough coverage. Other great stories were buried to talk about the Yankees who weren't doing much at all. Yes, the media does sacrifice air time for the Yankees and Red Sox and its a shame because baseball suffers from it. What is really depressing is guys on ESPn and sportswriters agree that they get too much coverage but yet do NOTHING about it. Again you are too close to the forest to see the trees.

AAA ERA

You telling me to show intelligence is rich Yes, some people can skew polls but according to you the Yankees and Red Sox are beloved throughout the land but yet the majority still seem they get more coverage than they should. Very interesting. What else is interesting is that the NY and Boston area is very populated which should skew the votes in their favor but yet the rest of the free thinking country still think they get too much coverage. So with all these Red Sox and Yankees fans throughout the land to skew the polls in their favor, they failed to do so? Polls are a lot more scientific than pulling shit out of your ass like you seem to.

No, the Phillies and Mets didn't get enough media attention. The White Sox/Twins race for first was hardly mentioned at all. The only team with 100 wins the Angels didn't get enough coverage. Other great stories were buried to talk about the Yankees who weren't doing much at all. Yes, the media does sacrifice air time for the Yankees and Red Sox and its a shame because baseball suffers from it. What is really depressing is guys on ESPn and sportswriters agree that they get too much coverage but yet do NOTHING about it. Again you are too close to the forest to see the trees.
    Phillies/Mets and another Mets choke didn't get enough attention?

The 89 win White Sox vs. 88 win Twins should have been covered from all angles as it was riveting wtaching 2 mediocre teams battle it out for the right to lose in the ALDS

The Angels clinched their division in May, what did you want them to do? lead on SC every night w/ a team nobody cares about that had clinched the div long ago? Oh and they had that meaningless saves record front and center every time Rodrigues pitched so they got MORE than enough coverage.

You are so biased against NY and Boston, the funny part is you claim that you are objective.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You're right, they should have shown even more of the Yankees who couldn't win 90 games and finished third than two teams that had to go to a one game playoff or the best team in baseball. Teams that were actually fighting for playoff spots. Even the Mets choke was more interesting than the Yankees fall from grace so in reality, Yankees weren't even the most interesting team in their own state. You are so ****ing right

I am 100 times more objective than the guy who thinks the Yankees need all the coverage they get even when its not deserved

I am biased against the coverage of the Yankees and Red Sox but not the teams. Huge difference and intelligent people can tell the difference! I am also in the majority of baseball in that opinion so who is the real objective one? The other funny thing is that most of your Yankee friends on this forum know I am not biased or a "Yankee hater" So in summary, you are in the minority when it comes to the coverage of the Yankees/Red Sox and in the minority when it comes to thinking I am somehow a Yankee hater. Comforting thought for me.

AAA ERA

Outside of the closing of Yankee Stadium when exactly were they going overboard on the Yankees the last few weeks? The closing of the stadium was a huge deal, the last week the Yanks weren't mentioned b/c they were out of it. You must get a special feed from espn where it's all Yankees all the time.

There is nothing objective about you. I don't think the Yankees NEED the coverage, I thinbk they deserve getting coverage b/c they are the most storied franchise in the history of sports. When they have a year like last year it is news, it had been since before the strike that they missed a postseason so it was a big deal and they weren't covered extensively the 2nd half of the season except for the closing of Yankee Stadium which is big news to all of those who apprecioate the game and aren't just jealous about the Yankees.

I know you are in the majority opinion b/c you saw a poll on espn.com that you can't seem to post here and please don't bring up intelligence when you keep using an espn poll as your proof, it just makes you sound like a moron and is an insult to intelligent people everywhere.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

At least I have proof unlike you and according to you, the polls should be skewed in your favor Its better than pulling shit out of your ass. The polls are in another thread on the same topic. At least I am objective unlike you. Do you not remember the All Star game? That was baseball's farewell to Yankee Stadium!! No one is jealous of the Yankees Just some of us baseball fans would like the media to cover more than two teams. Then maybe, just maybe, come playoff time regular fans could know who the other teams were. Sadly, baseball suffers from the overexposure of the Yankees and Red Sox. Keep being in the minority and keep thinking you are somehow intelligent by just saying "storied franchise" over and over and providing no proof on the matter

AAA ERA

What Proof?????????????? You haven't proven anything, you have told me about these polls but haven't posted anything.

You clearly are jealous of the Yankees and the season was a farewell to Yankee Stadium culminating w/ the coverage in the final week and if you cannot understand why ESPN would cover it, why SI would have Yankee Stadium on its cover then I really cannot help you. I know you are a big baseball fan and this is a simple concept for someone who follows the game so closely.

There's no proof the Yanks are the most storied franchise in history? Do I really need to prove this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234