View Poll Results: How many Regular Season losses will UNC have?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

2 33.33%

1 16.67%
  • 5+

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will UNC lose? - College Basketball

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Will UNC lose? - College Basketball

The team that beat UNC went out and lost to ****ing HARVARD by 12
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Roy Williams is an overated coach, he only won with Brad Daugherty's recruits in 05, he has yet to prove he can with his own guys.
    You mean Matt Doherty and who cares if he won w/ his recruits? he won! He has been to 5 Final Fours w/ "his recuits" and 2 title games. That is such a silly argument.

ESPN rides UNC jocks equally and they do to Dukes. Also UNC hasn't done shit either in March either.
    They haven't? In the last 4 season the Heels have 2 Final Four trips, 1 National Title and an elite 8 appearance but they've done nothing

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    UNC and Duke are the equivalent of the Red Sox and Yankees. Both are good but overhyped and absorb way too much media attention.
    Carolina-duke is a better rivalry all-time than Yanks-Sox BUT this decade the Sox and Yanks have combined for 3 WS titles and 5 AL pennants w/ a couple of all-time classic ALCS' thrown in. Good but overhyped?

My bad, those players who threatened to do all that shit, were bunch of ****ing spoiled mama's boys who couldn't stand a coach who was strict and made them practice hard. Good thing they transfered, UNC needed players who had real balls then bunch of vaginas.
    So you don't think Roy Williams is strict and made them practice hard? If that is your evaluation of those players then how can you take credit away from Roy for winning a Championship w/ them?

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    The team that beat UNC went out and lost to ****ing HARVARD by 12
    UNC and Harvard is a difficult back to back stretch, I had a feeling BC could only win one of those 2.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes good but overhyped.

AAA ERA

You are right, they should pump up Cubs-Cards when the 2 teams never play meaningful games instead of yanks-Sox who have battled for the div most of the dcade, met 3 times in the ALCS in the last 10 years, in that same span the teams have won 4 WS and been to 6, they have played some of the most memorable games in the history of baseball but it's just good.

All time it is overhyped, this decade it's not.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

4 WS series now? It was just three but now its four? Damn! Yeah over the past few years ever since the Saux broke the curse, people are tired of it and want to see more than two teams get all the hype. The rivalry really lost some flavor. This isn't just me talking. So yes, its just like Duke/UNC. Too much coverage!!

AAA ERA

4 WS series now? It was just three but now its four? Damn! Yeah over the past few years ever since the Saux broke the curse, people are tired of it and want to see more than two teams get all the hype. The rivalry really lost some flavor. This isn't just me talking. So yes, its just like Duke/UNC. Too much coverage!!
    3 this decade, 4 in the last 10 seasons.

I have always said the rivalry all time is incredibly overhyped. it's not this decade and I think the media did a good job last year b/c the Yanks stunk they didn't go crazy w/ it.

UNC-Duke can never get enough coverage, it's the best rivalry in American sports and if you hate that ikt's hyped up don't go anywhere near a computer or TV from early feb through early March when they play b/c it may be a 1 vs. 2 matchup.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What were you watching? ESPN still blew the Yankee/Red Sox **** all last year. That's why I brought it up!

AAA ERA

What were you watching? ESPN still blew the Yankee/Red Sox **** all last year. That's why I brought it up!
    Not by by August or so when it was apparent the Yanks weren't making a run. I think ESPN had a chance to move Yanks-Sox game to Sunday Night and passed.

Anyway, back on topic. The heels stink, another Sunday and another loss in anothe game they should have won but at least this week they lost to a good team.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes even then nyjunc! It is always constantly Yankees/Red Sox even when it was known the Yankees didn;t have a shot. It was either something about Yankee Stadium or Moose's last game or something else. ESPN had used up all its Red Sox/Yankees air time before the season I doubt they could have moved a game to Sunday Night Baseball. Each team only gets so much air time. The rivalry lost a bit of its thunder when the Yankees choked away the ALCS and Boston broke the curse. It lost even more when Boston won its second WS.

AAA ERA

Yes even then nyjunc! It is always constantly Yankees/Red Sox even when it was known the Yankees didn;t have a shot. It was either something about Yankee Stadium or Moose's last game or something else. ESPN had used up all its Red Sox/Yankees air time before the season I doubt they could have moved a game to Sunday Night Baseball. Each team only gets so much air time. The rivalry lost a bit of its thunder when the Yankees choked away the ALCS and Boston broke the curse. It lost even more when Boston won its second WS.
    There wasn't much about the Yanks on the field and either way it's a pretty big story when the Yanks are about to miss the playoffs for the 1st time in 15 years and the closing of yankee Stadium was UNDERPLAYED in my opinion. This is our Roman Colisseum and if they led off SC every night the last week it still wouldn't have been enough coverage.

The rivalry became more of a rivalry when Boston finally beat us in 2004. Until then it was really a hammer and nail relationship.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes there was still Yankees talk. There will always be Yankees talk even when they don;t make the playoffs. You made my point for me. They get way too much coverage. I am not saying they aren't newsworthy because sometimes they are. They just don;t deserve as much as they get.

Actually it lost its thunder when the Red Sox won, not the opposite unlike ESPN will have you to believe. Polls have shown this as I have shown in the past.

AAA ERA

The rivalry has never been more hyped than in the past 5 years so I don't know how it lost it's thunder when Boston won.

The Yankees are the most storied franchise in all of sports, of course they'll get more media coverage than most. Last year was the first year they didn't go to the postseason since 1993 so it was a big story, this year if we suck it will be a big stroy b/c of what they have done in FA.

MLB ERA

Thats the point. Every year, with a team like them, you can find some bullshit story that no one cares about. Winning now that George Steinbrenner is out of the picture, winning once Cashman is gone, winning in Jeter's last year, will all be major storylines in the next two to 4 years. But guess what, outside of Yankee fans, NO ONE will care. The media just needs a way to hype up this team, and they always find a way. But the storylines get more and more forced, and less and less interesting.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The rivalry has never been more hyped than in the past 5 years so I don't know how it lost it's thunder when Boston won.

The Yankees are the most storied franchise in all of sports, of course they'll get more media coverage than most. Last year was the first year they didn't go to the postseason since 1993 so it was a big story, this year if we suck it will be a big stroy b/c of what they have done in FA.
    Exactly!!! It is overhyped and the people are losing interest with every passing year! The polls don't lie! When Boston won, the curse was broken and the "rivalry" lost some of its appeal. When Boston won yet another one, it lost even more appeal as the Red Sox shown they were no longer the Yankees whipping boy. Every year the Yankees get way more coverage than they should and the rest of baseball suffers from it. Thank you for making my point

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Thats the point. Every year, with a team like them, you can find some bullshit story that no one cares about. Winning now that George Steinbrenner is out of the picture, winning once Cashman is gone, winning in Jeter's last year, will all be major storylines in the next two to 4 years. But guess what, outside of Yankee fans, NO ONE will care. The media just needs a way to hype up this team, and they always find a way. But the storylines get more and more forced, and less and less interesting.
    The thing is that people do care about them whether they love or hate the Yankees. This is the most stroied franchise in the history of sports. The only way they become completely irrelevant is if they sustain failure for many years like what happeend in the late 80s-early 90s.

Exactly!!! It is overhyped and the people are losing interest with every passing year! The polls don't lie! When Boston won, the curse was broken and the "rivalry" lost some of its appeal. When Boston won yet another one, it lost even more appeal as the Red Sox shown they were no longer the Yankees whipping boy. Every year the Yankees get way more coverage than they should and the rest of baseball suffers from it. Thank you for making my point
    I guess you have been polling baseball fans? Should they care more about cubs-Cardinals or Giants-Dodgers? The Yankees are THE marquee team in all of sports, media coverage comes w/ that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast