Thread: Isaiah Thomas pulling a Terrell Owens? Eddy Curry eats a baby?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NBA Isaiah Thomas pulling a Terrell Owens? Eddy Curry eats a baby?

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Officers who responded to Isiah Thomas' home after a 911 call reporting an overdose on sleeping pills found a man passed out on the floor and gave him oxygen until an ambulance arrived.

Authorities have not publicly identified Thomas as the victim, but a person familiar with the case, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official police report has not been released, has confirmed it was the former NBA star and Knicks coach.

On Tuesday, Harrison Police Chief David Hall provided new details about last week's emergency in which officers were handed a bottle of prescription pills at Thomas' Westchester County home.

Hall said the bottle had a name on it, but he would not disclose the precise medication. He said police called the overdose accidental because there was no suicide note and no indication the victim suffered from depression.

ESPN.com's Henry Abbott reported that the medication was the prescription drug Lunesta.

Hall continued to criticize Thomas for not acknowledging he was treated for the overdose and for saying it was teenage daughter, Lauren, who had a medical issue.

"As parents, you try to protect your kids; you don't say they did something when it was you who did it," Hall said. "We know the difference between a 47-year-old man and a teenager."

Thomas' spokesman, Jesse Derris, said, "This continues to be a private family matter and the family respectfully asks for privacy." A call to Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz was not immediately returned. Thomas, fired as coach last April, still works for the team.

Some of the latest details about the Thomas case were first reported by Newsday.

Hall said the 911 call made late Thursday from Thomas' multimillion-dollar home in the Purchase section of Harrison went first to state police, then to Harrison. Harrison police on patrol nearby got to the scene first, saw a 47-year-old man on the floor and went into "standard operating procedure," Hall said. They administered oxygen until an ambulance crew arrived and took over, eventually lifting the man onto a gurney and taking him to White Plains Hospital.

He said it was his department's first call to Thomas' house. An emergency services log, with the names of the caller and the patient blacked out, indicates the ambulance arrived at the house minutes before midnight.

Hall said someone at the house gave his officers a prescription bottle, and the officers gave it to the ambulance crew so the hospital doctors would know about it. They then searched the house for other medications that might have been involved but found none, he said.

As a player, Thomas won NBA titles with the Detroit Pistons in 1989 and 1990 and an NCAA championship with Indiana in 1981. He joined the Knicks as the team president in 2003 and became coach in June 2006 after Larry Brown was fired.

He was fired as the Knicks' coach April 18 after a season of dreadful basketball, a tawdry sexual harassment lawsuit and unending chants from fans demanding his dismissal. Still, he was retained by the organization as an adviser and consultant.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Consultant on.. Eddy Curry's diet?

A year ago, Eddy Curry was the center of the New York Knicks' franchise, both literally and figuratively.

This season? Not even close.

New Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said he doesn't plan to play Curry in the team's season opener Wednesday against the Miami Heat, simply responding "no" when asked Tuesday if Curry would be part of his eight- or nine-man rotation.

Curry's minutes were limited in the preseason after he missed all of training camp because of a bacterial infection, and D'Antoni said he could have a hard time playing catch-up. D'Antoni also has not appeared confident with how Curry would fit in his high-tempo offense.

After playing in four of the seven Knicks preseason games (including one DNP/coach's decision), Curry was surprised by the news that he is not part of his coach's regular rotation.

"Definitely stunned, especially being that [D'Antoni] didn't tell me that," Curry said Tuesday. "I haven't talked to him. I'm here with him every day. All he has to do is tell me. I'm definitely stunned to hear that."

Last season, the 25-year-old Curry averaged 13.2 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. During the preseason, he averaged 4.3 points and 2.5 boards in nearly 14 minutes.

Curry thinks he can play in D'Antoni's system, which emphasizes quick shots and working the ball on the perimeter.

"I don't need [the ball] to go through me," Curry said. "I don't need it to be my team."

D'Antoni said minutes were earned during practice and the preseason, though he may make an exception for first-round draft pick Danilo Gallinari. Gallinari, who has a bad back, did not play in any of the team's preseason games, but D'Antoni may give him some minutes in Wednesday's opener.

Such a scenario was not lost on Curry.

"You can't help but to think about that, especially [since] I feel like I'm in pretty good shape," Curry said. "Hopefully I can contribute and, if not, I will cheer my team on and see what the Knicks' plan is."

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Isaiah Thomas pulling a Terrell Owens? Eddy Curry eats a baby?

If he's in shape, I'm ****ing Jesus.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Isaiah Thomas pulling a Terrell Owens? Eddy Curry eats a baby?

**** TO, **** Isiah and **** everyone like them!!