Thread: Vince Young becoming suicidal?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Vince Young becoming suicidal?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville police were asked to search for Vince Young on Monday evening after family members placed a call to the Tennessee Titans informing them of their concern for the quarterback's state of mind.

According to Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Young "abruptly" left his home in Williamson County at around 7 p.m. Monday without his cell phone. Those with him at his home, including family members, were "concerned with his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

Police issued a bulletin to all on-duty officers to be on the lookout for Young and negotiators were also placed on standby, a procedure that is common in such situations, Aaron said.

Someone contacted Fisher out of concern for Young, and Fisher contacted the police department, police said.

"Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince," the Titans said in a statement Tuesday. "He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him.

"He then came to the practice facility, where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident," the Titans said.

Young left the facility by himself in his own vehicle after speaking with Fisher and officers, police said.

Details were first reported on the Web site of WKRN-TV in Nashville, an ABC affiliate.

Aaron said there was an unloaded hand gun in the glove compartment of Young's vehicle. But as it is not against the law in Tennessee to transport an unloaded firearm with no ammunition present, it was not an issue for the police department, he said. He could not say if the gun was registered because it was not traced.

Young was booed during Sunday's season-opening victory over Jacksonville and did not finish the game because of an injury to his left knee. The Titans are expected to reveal results of an MRI on the knee sometime Tuesday, and possibly a timetable for the quarterback's return. Fisher said Monday it's not believed to be a season-ending injury, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported Young will miss two to four weeks.

After throwing an interception in the fourth quarter, Young was late to join the offense for its next series, creating speculation that he tried to take himself out of the game after throwing what was his second pick. He sat on the bench after that interception, seemingly unmoved by players and coaches who tried to console him, often holding his head in his hands.

Fisher explained Monday that the issue was tightness in Young's hamstring and that there wasn't clear communication on the sideline about his ability to return to the field. Young did return to the field, but four plays later he injured his knee.

Veteran Kerry Collins is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the Titans worked out Quinn Gray on Tuesday. The team also was looking at QB Joey Harrington and a handful of receivers, including Glenn Martinez and Chad Jackson.

Paul Kuharsky covers the AFC South for ESPN.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Remember when no one really liked Houston taking Mario Williams 1st? I guess they were on to somethin'
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Vince Young becoming suicidal?

I've always loved participating in NFL Suicide Pools

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

5 dollars on Carson Palmer/Ocho Cinco pulling a Romeo&Juliet

[note: I wouldn't actually want them to die]
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Can't weep for a millionaire. Young seems fine but the Texans were definitely smart taking Williams over Bush and Young.

MLB ERA

Apparently VY is considering retirement again.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And from reports, he's been seeing a shrink, mentioned suicide several times, and left his house with a gun. And even with all this info, I'm still picking the Titans to win this weekend.

ESPN - Fisher reached out to police because therapist said Young mentioned suicide - NFL

MLB ERA

I'd rather have Kerry Collins in anyways. Young is garbage. Put Collins in whether Vince Young is healthy or not.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Id still have VY over Kerry Collins, who would be a two hand touch away from sustaining a concussion.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Vince Young can't throw the ball to save his life. My Titans have a better shot with Collins under center than they do Young.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Vince Young can't throw the ball to save his life. My Titans have a better shot with Collins under center than they do Young.
    Collins is as fragile as a paper bag.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Better plan: Chris Johnson as QB, they run the wildcat offense. They don't have receivers anyways.
    Ted