View Poll Results: Are the Jets a playoff team now?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 46.67%
  • No

8 53.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does Favre make the Jets playoff contenders?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Does Favre make the Jets playoff contenders?

Awww, I get ya now. Very true, I stand corrected.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    About Chad Pennington.

Does Jets fans miss him yet?
    I think alot have come around but not enough. I wish we had him back, I wish we never made the dumb trade and I never wanted Favre.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To be fair to the Jets.

Mangenius pretty much threw away the game against Seattle for being a incompetent wuss. You kick the field goal when you were marching the ball down the field on the opening drive on 4th and 1. They were getting 5 or 6 yards per play. Then punting the ball when your kicker just EASILY made the field goal despite the false start penalty. Then finally going for it when your deep in your own side of the field.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    To be fair to the Jets.

Mangenius pretty much threw away the game against Seattle for being a incompetent wuss. You kick the field goal when you were marching the ball down the field on the opening drive on 4th and 1. They were getting 5 or 6 yards per play. Then punting the ball when your kicker just EASILY made the field goal despite the false start penalty. Then finally going for it when your deep in your own side of the field.

Mangini wasn't the problem, he shouldn't have beemn fired. When your QB throws 2 TDs and 9 INTs in his last 5 games that's a problem. Let's say we go for the 4th and 1+ yds on the opening drive and miss it- then what? Let's say we kick a 50 yd FG and miss then Seattle gets the ball on the 40. 50 yds in great conditions is tough, in snow it's alot tougher. I had no problem w/ either decision, the players needed to execute and they did not.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456