Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brett Favre is a Jet

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Brett Favre is a Jet

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    We were going to compete for a WC spot w/ or w/o favre. Now if we don't make it this trade is senseless. people forget quickly that we were 10-6 just 2 years ago and in the playoffs and that we have been an every other year team since 2002. '02 we won the div, '03 6-10, '04 kick away from AFC Title Game, '05 4-12, '06 WC team, '07 4-12. We made alot of upgrades this offseason and we were going to be good regardless. If Brett is decent we should be a playoff team.

The situations are just a little different. ARod is supposed to be the best player in the game and he can't hit when it matters, Rodgers is just getting his chance and psychologically it's probably not a good thing to be booing him before he has ever started a game.
    If your football knowledge is as good as your baseball knowledge, this entire post is wrong

MLB ERA

LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

LTR, remember, it's not like Favre is the only change the Jets have made since going 4-12. They also added Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller, Bubba Franks, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody. They have bolstered their Offensive and Defensive Lines, and given themselves a Fullback and Tight End to help out both the passing game and running game. Favre will adjust with help from Bubba Franks(his former and current teammate), and will have Cotchery, Coles, and some other guys who are decent. The running game will be VASTLY improved, and this team will COMPETE for a wildcard spot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know they did a lot this offseason but I also know Brett Farve will not preform like he did last year. A new system, another year older, playing better defense in a tougher league spells trouble for Farve and the Jets. His receiving core isn't that good which will really hurt his gunslinging ways. I see more INTs than TDs and huge regret for Farve. Jets won four games last year and don't see too much to push them into playoff contention this year. But the Jets will make a lot of money off Farve to help them out in the future.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I see more INTs than TDs and huge regret for Farve.
    Farve finished with 22 TD's and 21 INT's. I was off by two Must have been all that Jets bashing Chad Pennington is going to the playoffs and Farve is not. Go figure.

AAA ERA

If your football knowledge is as good as your baseball knowledge, this entire post is wrong
    Just like w/ baseball I was right again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just how were you right? You said they would be a playoff team. I was more right than you wereJust like in baseball!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Farve finished with 22 TD's and 21 INT's. I was off by two Must have been all that Jets bashing Chad Pennington is going to the playoffs and Farve is not. Go figure.
    Farve actually finished with the same amount of TD's as INT's. I was only off by one INT

AAA ERA

Just how were you right? You said they would be a playoff team. I was more right than you wereJust like in baseball!
    Just like in baseball you SAY you are right but the proof is in the thread. I wa actually dead on as usual and it's not difficult to see that considering you quoted my posts and it is at the top of this page.

We were going to compete for a WC spot w/ or w/o favre. Now if we don't make it this trade is senseless. people forget quickly that we were 10-6 just 2 years ago and in the playoffs and that we have been an every other year team since 2002. '02 we won the div, '03 6-10, '04 kick away from AFC Title Game, '05 4-12, '06 WC team, '07 4-12. We made alot of upgrades this offseason and we were going to be good regardless. If Brett is decent we should be a playoff team.
    WE did compete for a playoff spot and Brett was not decent so we weren't a playoff team. I said we'd compete w/ or w/o Brett, i think Chad's great play proves we would have competed and probably won 11-12 games if we kept him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, usually the proof is always on my side when it comes to our one sided debates. I predicted the Jets to miss the playoffs and Brett to throw more INTs than TDs. He threw the exact same amount!! I was off by one INT. So how again were you right and I wasn't? You were calling me a Jets basher when I said it too Only thing I was wrong about was the Packers winning more games than the Jets. Everything regarding the Jets, I was right. Don't ever think you are "dead on" either because you rarely are and I have plenty of proof going all the way back to me "bashing" the Yankees. If you want to go by the quote at the top of the page, your football knowledge far exceeds your baseball knowledge because your baseball knowledge is weak. It is 90% weaker than mine. I just stole your made up number from the "In Theo We Trust" thread Have a nice day!

AAA ERA

Here we go again- READ MY POSTS! it's not that difficult, I know you have reading comprhension problems but read them sssslllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyyyy and allow the information top absorb. I was 100% dead on. I was against the Favre trade from the beginning and I said if he's decent we'll make the playoffs- he sucked and we missed. I said we were going to win about 10 games before we got him and Chad took a 1-15 team to a div title so it's safe to assume if we got QB play as good as CXhad gave Miami we would have won at least 2-3 more games and won the division.

You claim you said he's throw more INTs than TDs- he didn't so how were you right? You claim you said GB would be better, they weren't so where exactly were you right? You are one delusional guy.

Stick to making things up when it comes to baseball, you are out of your element discussing football. Keep telling us how meaningful the save stat is

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They didn't win 10 games so how were you right? We are going to play the "what if" game now? I predicted the Jets would miss the playoffs and that Farve wouldn't get them in the playoffs. You then called me a Jets basher!!! I guess I was ****ing right wasn't?!? I was off by one INT which is pretty good for a guy blindly bashing a team and not knowing what he was talking about! So you were off by a win and I was off by an INT. How were you more right? Keep preaching Arod is the leader of the Yankees.

I don't make things up in regards to baseball like you do. We all know you just make things up like I am a basher of the Yankees and that Theo Epstein only had 10% to do with the Red Sox winning in '04 I back my shit up with facts every time, you on the other hand do not. Keep ignoring how good Krod is because it makes me look that much better. I say we both stick to what we are better at. I will stick to baseball and facts, you can stick to football and fiction.

Signed,
    The falsely accused Jets and Yankees basher

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234