Thread: Browntown's Top 25 - Week 11

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Browntown's Top 25 - Week 11

1. Texas Tech (10-0) - 7 straight possessions with a touchdown against OSU. It's scary how good this team is. (Last Week: 1)
    2. Alabama (10-0) - I don't care what the score is, going into Death Valley and winning when not playing your best football is very impressive. (Last Week: 3)
    3. Texas (9-1) - Better be careful not to overlook Kansas or A&M in their next two games, because we all know they'll be hoping Oklahoma beats Texas Tech in 2 weeks. (Last Week: 4)
    4. Florida (8-1) - They'll get their shot vs Alabama in the national title game...but next up a matchup with their old ball coach - the Old Ball Coach. (Last Week: 5)
    5. Oklahoma (9-1) - Their defense has given up 45, 31, 35, 28, and 28 in their last 5 games...they're an offensive juggernaut for sure, but can they make enough plays on defense in 2 weeks against the Red Raiders? (Last Week: 6)
    6. USC (8-1) - My goodness, their defense is awesome. (Last Week: 7)
    7. Penn State (9-1) - I like them but it's probably best this happened...there's no way these guys are as good as any of the top 6 on here. (Last Week: 2)
    8. Boise State (9-0) - Getting closer and closer to a Fiesta Bowl sequel...I'd be happy to see them back in the BCS. (Last Week: 9)
    9. Utah (9-0) - Honestly, the way that TCU game shaped up in the 4th quarter, they'll lose the majority of times, with the 2 short missed field goals and needing a 4th down conversion...but give the Utes credit for a gutsy win. (Last Week: 11)
    10. Ohio State (8-2) - Looks like this will be the first year in a long time where the Buckeyes aren't BCS bound. Not that I'm complaining. (Last Week: 12)
    11. Georgia (8-2) - Lucky to survive in Kentucky. Rhyme not intended. (Last Week: 13)
    12. Oklahoma State (8-2) - Didn't play well offensively or defensively against Texas Tech. Usually not a good recipe for success. (Last Week: 8)
    13. Missouri (8-2) - They've just about locked up the Big 12 North by now. (Last Week: 14)
    14. TCU (9-2) - I feel really bad for their kicker...missing 26 and 35 yard attempts in the 4th when you lose by three? Ouch. (Last Week: 10)
    15. Michigan State (9-2) - Beat Penn State and they're in the Rose Bowl, believe it or not. (Last Week: 15)
    16. North Carolina (7-2) - Very good win against Georgia Tech. So the way the ACC's going, they'll probably lose next week. (Last Week: 19)
    17. Ball State (9-0) - Another team who impressed on Saturday. Unless you're a fan of some obscure MAC team...who wouldn't wanna see these guys go undefeated? (Last Week: 21)
    18. LSU (6-3) - They'd probably be a good 10 spots higher if they had a quality quarterback. By the way, Ball State is ranked ahead of the defending national champs. (Last Week: 17)
    19. Brigham Young (9-1) - Their BCS hopes are shot, but they can still ruin Utah's in a couple weeks. (Last Week: 22)
    20. Florida State (7-2) - Move up 3 spots, which is pretty timid for an ACC team this season. (Last Week: 23)
    21. Arizona (6-3) - Won 59-28 at Washington State...so they played pretty poorly. (Last Week: 24)
    22. Oregon State (6-3) - Win out and they're in the Rose Bowl. Can't you just imagine a Beavers/Spartans tilt? The TV ratings would be off the charts!!!!!!! (Last Week: NR)
    23. Pittsburgh (7-2) - The Big East is pretty awful this year, but at least they looked pretty good this week. Even if Dave Wannstedt is still their coach. (Last Week: NR)
    24. Cincinnati (7-2) - So much for West Virginia being the Big East favorite. Tony Pike broke his non-throwing arm and he's still playing, give the man some kudos. (Last Week: NR)
    25. Tulsa (8-1) - I'll always wonder why they're the Golden Hurricane, not the Golden Hurricanes. Somebody please explain this to me. (Last Week: NR)

Dropped Out:
    West Virginia (16), Georgia Tech (18), Maryland (20), California (25)
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Browntown's Top 25 - Week 11

I would love to see an Oregon St vs Michigan St game.

Rodgers and Ringer are two dynamic backs for their teams.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

1. Texas Tech (10-0)- They will lose to Texas, WRONG, ohh they'll lose to Ok. St. WRONG, now the critics say they will lose to Oklahoma, when will people learn? (Last Week: 1)
    2. Alabama (10-0)- Survives the test, barely, still honestly don't have a great SEC win, UGA? Auburn? I'm just saying they could be upset before Florida (Last Week 2)
    3. Florida (8-1)- Might be the best team in SEC, what the **** happened in the Ole Miss game? (Last Week 5)
    4. Texas (9-1)- tough loss at TT, gotta hope OU beats TT, Nice win over an improving Baylor squad (Last Week 4)
    5. Oklahoma (8-1)- Thrilled by TT win, now controls their destiny, they have the bye but i think TT will show OU who is boss (Last Week 6)
    6. USC (8-1)- I'm not sure how good they are, and they don't actually control their own destiny, if Oregon State wins out they go to the Rose Bowl (Last week: 7)
    7. Boise State (9-0)- If OU beats to TT, Bama loses to Ole Miss, Bama beats UF, Auburn beats Bama, Missouri beats OU, ND/UCLA beats USC, Iowa/MSU over Penn State(Check) most of those have to happen for them to make the title game (Last week: 9)
    8. Utah(10-0)- SDSU warm-up game for the Holy War...might be best unknown rivalry (Last week: 10)
    9. TCU (9-2)- Yes they are a mid-major, but losing by 3 at Utah, and losing at Texas? How are those bad losses? and they beat BYU, I think they are the best of the 2 loss teams (Last week 11)
    10: Oklahoma State (8-2)- 4th best team in their own division yet better than the Big X champion (Last week 8)
    11: Penn State (9-1)- As much as I was wrong about ND, I was right about the Iowa upset, I was laughed on campus for 2 weeks...it felt so good when that FG went through (Last week 3)
    12. Ohio State (8-2)-Overranked due to preseason hype?, you don't move up for beating Northwestern, sorry (Last week 12)
    13. Georgia (8-2)- see above, have to keep them here for now (Last Week 13)
    14. Missouri (8-2)- Not sure how good they really are... and not sure if I'll find out til Bowl Season (Last week 14)
    15. Michigan State (9-2) - Can fight for a Big X title split if they beat Penn State (Last week 15)
    16. Brigham Young (9-1)- Holy War might be the biggest game of the year (Last week 16)
    17. North Carolina (7-2) - Keep winning, but the Tate injury will bite eventually (Last week 19)
    18. Arizona (6-3) - might be the 2nd best Pac-10 team, but 28 pts to WSU...scary (Last week 20)
    19. Cincinnati (7-2)- I said it last week that WVU was terrible, and they lose right on cue, so i'll try this BE team this week, be ready Pitt for the top spot next week (Last Week NR)
    20. Pittsburgh (6-3)- If this team could just win at home they'd be in the top 10... (Last week 23)
    21. Oregon State (6-3)- Control their own destiny in the Pac-10, GO BEAVERS, NO USC IN THE BCS!!! (Last week NR)
    22. Ball State (8-0)- 3 top MAC teams left, so we'll see how good they are (Last week 24)
    23. LSU (6-3)- Why I'm ranking them idk, I just feel like the SEC has another good team (Last Week 17)
    24. Central Michigan (7-2) Lost at UGA when they were good, and had a bad 7 pt loss at Purdue before they collapsed, but a very good MAC team, has the firepower to beat Ball State...and I feel bad because they have 7 road games and only 5 home games (Last Week NR)
    25. California (7-2)- No ND this week for obvious reasons (Like we suck and they made me sit through that shit at BC while getting mocked), so they get the spot alone (Last Week 25)

Dropped Out:
    GT (18), WVU (21), Northwestern (22), Notre Dame (25)
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1. Texas Tech (10-0) - They are the best team right now.
    2. Texas (9-1) - I am not impressed with Alabama enough to put them here
    3. Alabama (10-0) - They need to learn to have that killer instinct
    4. USC (8-1) - Their defense has only allowed 7 TDs all season. Bad opponents or not.
    5. Florida (8-1) - Maybe their loss to Ole Miss woke them up.
    6. Oklahoma (9-1) - Defense needs to improve greatly or they won't beat TT.
    7. Utah (10-0) - They are no joke. And the Mountain West is better than they get credit for.
    8. Penn St (9-1) - Iowa matched up vs Penn St. And beat them.
    9. Boise State (9-0) - Nothing new for the Gonzaga of the NCAA Football realm.
    10. TCU (9-2) - Only losses were to Oklahoma and Utah. Best team since the LT days.
    11. Ohio State (8-2) - Imagine if sweater vest started PRYOR at the BEGINNING.
    12. Oklahoma State (8-2) - Texas Tech is just that good. Or are we overrating them?
    13. Missouri (8-2) - They will be hell for Big 12 South winner.
    14. Georgia (8-2) - Talk about overhyped.
    15. Michigan St (9-2) - I think eventually they will be the best of the Big 10 with Ringer.
    16. Ball State (9-0) - Im not sold on the MAC. Even with all the upset wins over Michigan.
    17. BYU (9-1) - They could be the problem for Utah in the Holy War
    18. Oregon State (6-3) - Jacquizz Rodgers is the best kept secret of the Pac-10. Already set the Pac-10 rushing record for a freshman.
    19. North Carolina (7-2) - I really like what Butch Davis has done with this team.
    20. LSU (6-3) - Maybe they should play Ohio St more.
    21. Pittsburgh (7-2) - Best of the Big East? Not if...
    22. Cincinnati (7-2) - has anything to say about it.
    23. South Carolina (7-3) - Keep recruiting Ball Coach. You will turn them into a powerhouse.
    24. Air Force (8-2) - Only losses were by less than 10 to quality opponents (Utah by 7, Navy by 6). Brutal finishing schedule (BYU, @ TCU)
    25. Florida State (7-2) - Bobby Bowden still has the magic?

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

In 2 weeks, the Boise St vs Nevada game is going to be a barn burner you guys, I hope they show it on ESPN 2 or something, Nevada has the number 1 rushing attach in the Nation, and remember last year Nevada lost at Boise 69-66 in the highest scoring game in NCAA history, lets what happens when they come to our house!

Its a tough situation for me, I dont know who to root for, I want Boise St to win so they can possibly play in a another BCS game to show the nation how good the WAC is, I also would love to see my university beat the number 7 or 8 team in the nation.

Oh and just a side note, Nevada played Texas Tech tough, that game was close for the first 3 QT, than what the score indicates 35-19.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think the Mountain West is better than the WAC. Personally with Utah, BYU, TCU and Air Force.

MLB ERA

The Mountain West is the 3rd best conference in the country behind the Big XII and SEC
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs