• Spurs

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

MLB ERA

NBA Finals

I want the Pistons to win, becasue of Larry Brown

AAA ERA
    I have to root for the ex-Heels on the Pistons.

AA ERA
    I am rooting for the Pistons.

I think the Spurs got very classy players and coaches and I can't seem to have that hatred towards them like I do with the Knicks or Lakers, but I rather root for the Pistons. They are still an underdog and I already saw enough of the Spurs winning to last a lifetime. Not many people are going to give Detroit a chance and I would like to see them do it again to prove everyone wrong. Plus I know lot of Spurs fans who claim that the Pistons would not have a chance to win a championship last year had the Pistons play the Spurs so I like to see the Pistons put their theory to bed.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm a huge Pistons fan, but I'll have to go with Spurs in 6 in this series. Though I think that the 2-3-2 format should help us like it did last year. We should be good on the boards and hopefully we'll be able to stop penetrations from Parker and Manu. I wonder if we'll get to see Bowen guarding Rip and Prince guarding Manu, or whether they'll rotate. Should be a close, low-scoring series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Breakdown

PG- Parker vs Billups -- Parker is going to have a tougher time with the Pistons D with hes reckless drives to the basket. He has to have an outside shot this series or hes going to hate seeing Billups or Rip Hamilton all the time. Billups has been huge when it counts and has the size advantage vs Parker. Edge: Billups

SG- Manu vs Rip- This is going to be a joy to watch. Rip's midrange J vs Manu's mind-boggling drives to the hoop. How both teams are going to handle these two players are really going to be a key on who wins this series. Edge: Even

SF- Bowen vs Prince- This wont be a likely match up, per say. Prince will probably draw Manu and Bowen will probably draw Billups i would think. Prince brings a lot more to his team than Bowen brings to the Spurs on both sides the court. Edge: Prince

PF- R Wallace vs TD- How will the spurs treat Tim Duncan this series. I doubt they will double but defenitely they have to hope they can contain TD. This team could probably do it straight up. R Wallace has to assert himself in the low post to set up his outside game. He cant be another guy on the perimeter or he will be ineffective. He has to attack TD on Offense. Edge: Duncan

C- B Wallace vs Mohammed- Not sure whos going to start at C. But its going to be Big Ben by a lot. Edge: B Wallace

Bench: The Spurs have Horry, a seasoned finals veteran. Brent Barry who can play the 1-2 or 3 spots. and a couple of other players that are capable of rising to the occasion. The Pistons have Elden Campbell, Lindsey Hunter and a couple of players of their own. The Spurs are a little deeper in this department Edge: Spurs

Coach: Popovich vs Brown- Two well respected coaches square off. You looking at 2 of the last 3 coaches to win an NBA finals. Edge: Even

Series Wise: I think this is going at least 6 games. If Detroit can steal a game in SA, they have a realistic chance of winning the series but its just too close to tell. I will go Spurs in 7.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Boring. I don't think I'll watch a minute of this series.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87

neither am i, i only want the Piston to win because of Larry Brown

AA ERA
    I am going to give it two games and then we will go from there. Here's hoping it's a 1-1 series or Detroit taking a 2-0 lead. It better be a 1-1 series or else I am done after that.

AAA ERA
    I like the matchup, yeah it will be low scoring but this is a better matchup than Nets-Lakers, Sixers-Lakers, knicks-Spurs, and some of the other bad Fianls matchups we've had.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I dont think its going to be as low scoring as people say it is. Keep in mind the Spurs out scored the high powered Suns offense.

Spurs -- 102.2 PPG, 95.7 PPA
    Pistons -- 91.7 PPG, 85.9 PPA

The Spurs are very efficent on offense. and could force the Pistons to up the tempo if they wanted. The Pistons are best when they force turnovers and work the transistion game. If the Spurs take care of the basketball (They have 14 per game. Detroit forces 13.72) they should win this series.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Back by popular demand whalberg11's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

exactly i have lost intrest in this sport completely

College hoops is the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whalberg11

Can I get an amen? Rep ++
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by whalberg11

$20 says you don't even watch college hoops til March

AA ERA
    Tonight starts the Finals so I gotta give my pick in. I think this will be a good series. It may be low scoring, but it won't be boring. Low scoring can be fun too. It depends on the flow of the game. As long as players are not missing shots, it won't be that bad like the Nets/Spurs Final couple of years ago.

I am going with the Spurs in 6. Spurs got home court and better bench. I think they got little bit better offense than Detroit. I just can't see the Spurs being denied. I feel much better about them than Detroit. Spurs are just my gut choice here.

For the Pistons to have a shot, they need to win one at SA before heading to the Palace.

Either team winning would be sweet for me. Spurs winning shuts up all the Piston fans in my family. The pistons winning, it would be nice to see with family in Michigan and all.

Pistons have a better shot than most think. The defense is the best in the league. They have a better bench than one previous post had them having. A guy that wasn't talked about would be Carlos Arroyo, also Carlos Delfino. Heck, not even mentioning McDyess coming off the bench nor a guy who could be very good in some certain situations, Ronald Dupree.

Don't get so stuck under over rated Tim Duncan and Manu Ginnobli. Pistons play as a team. Pistons will win this finals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast