Thread: Delonte West feelin' a little ..Russian?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Delonte West feelin' a little ..Russian?

He'd so stand out in Russia.

Cavaliers restricted free agent Delonte West is contemplating becoming just the latest NBA player to bolt for a rich contract overseas, according Yahoo.com

According the report, West is in discussion with Dynamo Moscow for a two-year, $10 million offer.

Dynamo Moscow recently lured New Jersey Nets forward Bostjan Nachbar with a three-year, $14.3 million deal. And earlier this week, Atlanta guard Josh Childress signed a three-year, $20 million contract with Olympiakos in Greece.

West became the Cavaliers' starting point guard after arriving in a mid-season trade from Seattle. He averaged 10.3 points and 4.5 assists per game with Cleveland.

The Cavs have no comment on any deal that Delonte West may have been offered overseas. But they have been in communication with him and his agent, letting them know they want to keep the point guard.

West is a restricted free agent, so the Cavs can match any offer he receives from another NBA team. But he can go overseas, as player such as Nachbar, Childress and Carlos Delfino recently have done. The declining U.S. dollar against foreign currencies have made it easier for major European teams to entice U.S. players with strong offers.

West's agent is Aaron Goodwin, who was LeBron James' first agent. The Cavs have long had a solid relationship wth him and his firm in the past.

"As we have consistently communicated, we like Delonte and what he brings to this team and that is how we have approached this free agency process," said Cavs GM Danny Ferry in an e-mail.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Delonte West feelin' a little ..Russian?

God damn it, I'm pissed off with all these NBA players going overseas. It's going to give David Stern more crazy and unrealistic thoughts about an NBA European division.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't blame Childress for leaving, though.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

That was so much money and the fact that he got out of Atlanta he was probably doing a dance... and the best part is that he can opt out each year so when ATL decides to not qualify him (cause when they qualify him it goes againist the cap) he can come back as an unrestricted FA
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs