Thread: Suns are 10-21 this year against

MLB ERA

NBA Suns are 10-21 this year against

the other top 8 teams in the west and against Boston and Detroit this year.

I mean I would expect a "MVP" would have a better record against inferior teams. But it proves my point that I been making for the past couple of years that the Suns beat up on shitty teams in the regular season and cant do jack shit in the playoffs.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Suns are 10-21 this year against

I think the Suns are first round and out unless they play Houston, in which case they're second round and out.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

The Suns got screwed last year in the playoffs. They were the best team in the league last year and they should have won it all.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I think the Suns are first round and out unless they play Houston, in which case they're second round and out.
    You mean any American league team that plays the Yankees in the first round will definitely be a lock to make it to the ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    The Suns got screwed last year in the playoffs. They were the best team in the league last year and they should have won it all.
    They been the best team record wise in the regular season with the overrated Nash, but when it comes to playoff time they suck, there high power run'n'gun offense doesn't work in the playoffs when they get out muscled by better teams who actually play defense, unlike the Suns.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Make that 11-21. They beat the Spurs in San Antonio yesterday. I'm sure that Shaq did some out-muscling against Stiffberto.

MLB ERA

Definitely a nice win on the defending champs home court. Since West is so close, I dont know even know what playoff scenario will be if SA/PHX would meet up in the 1st or 2nd round.

MLB ERA

Suns lose in the first round against SA 4-1. Now it looks like D'Antoni might be out, Kerr looks like a dumb**** right now for making the Marion/Shaq trade. If it aint broke, dont fix it!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Firing D'Antoni would be a terrible move, just like the Mavs firing Avery Johnson was utterly ridiculous.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Suns just faced a better team. The Spurs should win it all. It will be the Spurs and Celtics in the finals. Seven game series with the Spurs winning it all.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Firing these coaches would be a dumb idea and its ESPN making all the noise, not people from inside these organizations. ESPN was talking about these coaches being fired a week ago. This epidemic of coaches being fired in the past five years is utterly ridiculous! Suns caoch was Coach of the Year in 05, Avery in '06 and now they will be fired? GMs hold more responsibility than the coaches. Spurs were better and so were the Hornets.

MLB ERA

Exactly, the NBA has become a joke, I mean Byron Scott led the Nets to two straight Finals and he got fired the next season I believe or the season after, there is no ****ing job security if you are a NBA head coach. Also GMs need to be a bit more realistic here, I mean the West was as tough as it ever has been, it considered a good accomplishment by making the playoffs, also the Suns were a 6 seed and the Mavs were a 7 seed, how often does a 6 or 7 seed beat a 2 or 3? Not often.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With Mike D'Antoni about to get the Marty Schottenheimer treatment, all eyes will be on how the Suns adjust to a more half-court style. I don't disagree with Kerr in that the Suns aren't going anywhere near a championship with an offense-first philosophy, but making defense a top priority isn't going to make Nash, Amare, and 36-year old Shaq better one-on-one defenders, anyway. And now Kerr is stuck with Shaq and his cap killing contract until the year 2010. Maybe by then Kerr will return to writing his Yahoo Sports NBA columns that I enjoy.