Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff Thread

MLB ERA

Re: NBA Playoff Thread

No, he can't. Jordan has 5 MVP trophies to Kobe's 1. Jordan has 6 championships to Kobe's 3. Kobe is an amazing player don't get me wrong, but, Jordan is still the greatest ever. Kobe has never won a Finals MVP while Jordan has won 6. How can anyone sit here and say that Kobe is better than Michael? He doesn't have the stats or the rings that Jordan has. Kobe can't win without a supporting cast. What happened when Shaq left town? Oh yeah, they tanked. What happens when Kobe finally gets a supporting cast again? They reach the finals. Please, Kobe is nowhere near Jordan.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone here arguing that Kobe is good as Michael Jordan.

I doubt Kobe will ever reach the same level as Michael Jordan. That being said, he is playing at an absolutely Jordan-esque level in this playoffs, keeping teammates involved and taking over in the fourth quarter of games (just look at Games 1 and 5 vs San Antonio) even though everyone knows he's getting the ball. It's been truly great to watch as a basketball fan. I will certainly be rooting for the Lakers in this series - mainly because they don't have "Boston" on their jersey.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    No, he can't. Jordan has 5 MVP trophies to Kobe's 1. Jordan has 6 championships to Kobe's 3. Kobe is an amazing player don't get me wrong, but, Jordan is still the greatest ever. Kobe has never won a Finals MVP while Jordan has won 6. How can anyone sit here and say that Kobe is better than Michael? He doesn't have the stats or the rings that Jordan has. Kobe can't win without a supporting cast. What happened when Shaq left town? Oh yeah, they tanked. What happens when Kobe finally gets a supporting cast again? They reach the finals. Please, Kobe is nowhere near Jordan.
    You are completely correct there, I'll give you that. Jordan is a one-man wrecking crew. He was also a better team player and had much more self-control with the media. But they played in two different eras of basketball and you can't compare them. The didn't play zone defense pack when Jordan played. He only saw single coverage in his day, while Kobe has 2, 3, even 4 guys on his back all the time. There's also that three-second rule where you can't stay away from the guy you're guarding for more than three seconds (if you did, then technical foul and then free throw). Jordan never really say double or triple teams in perimeter his day either. Only when he drove into the lane did he see things like that. While Kobe has guys all over him as he drives up the court. No disrespect to Jordan at all, but he did have it a little easier than Kobe does now.

So is Kobe better? Like I said, it all depends on who's side you're on.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Kobe has a supporting cast?

Doesn't look like it with the way they've been playing while Kobe runs roughshod through his opponents.

And you're not saying MJ didn't have a supporting cast with a straight face, are you?

I'm sure the Bulls would have been just fine without Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Steve Kerr....
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Closed
    AAA ERA

Game 1 update:End of the half the lakers lead the Celtics 51-46. Fisher leads all lakers with 13 points and Garnett leads the Celtics with 16 points.

OK, here is the real question. Where did Sam Cassell come from? All of the sudden earlier on in the game he was hitting everything. Absolutely ridiculous.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Celtics take the first game with a huge 3rd quarter scoring 31 points. Both Garnett and Kobe lead there teams in scoring.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Kobe has a supporting cast?

Doesn't look like it with the way they've been playing while Kobe runs roughshod through his opponents.

And you're not saying MJ didn't have a supporting cast with a straight face, are you?

I'm sure the Bulls would have been just fine without Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Steve Kerr....
    Jordan didn't win his titles until Pippen arrived, he couldn't carry a team by himself, neither can Kobe, allot of people say that "role players" dont mean anything in the playoffs, I think there on crack, Jordan is the prime example he was a great player, but he never could carry the team on his own, he need help, he needed role players and another star next to him to help him out, its not a coincidence that Jordan started winning championships when Pippen arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    OK, here is the real question. Where did Sam Cassell come from? All of the sudden earlier on in the game he was hitting everything. Absolutely ridiculous.
    I'm not surprised, I have seen play big in big games, since his rookie year in 94, he hit big shots for the Rockets in the finals in game 7 I believe.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sam Cassell's from Mars and is 75 years old. Why is he even in the NBA?

Kobe has a good enough supporting cast. Gasol's a great second fiddle, Odom is a nice third wheel as long as the ball isn't in his hands when it's crunch time, and Derek Fisher is good enough. Plus if Fisher is getting killed, they always have Farmar and Sasha's Vagina. The problem with them right now is they have a power forward at center, and small forward at power forward and a crappy guy defensively at small forward. Front court reserves being.. Turiaf, Mihm, and Walton. Not having Bynum's going to actually hurt for once in the playoffs, as they haven't faced a team with a banger like Perkins (previously having faced Oberto and Mehmet Okur). Throw in the fact that Radmanovich is either going to be guarding Pierce or Allen or Posey and it's not encouraging.

But they are playing a team that had it's balls kicked in 3 times by the hawks.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Celtics are pwning the Lakers in game 2. In the 3rd quarter the Celtics lead 65-49.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNN POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWEeeee

MLB ERA

**** the ****ing Celtics, I hope Powe breaks his leg

HOW CAN YOU LIKE THE KOBE LAKERS????????????????a

MLB ERA

I don't, I just hate the BOSTON celtics

Closed
    AAA ERA

Hate the Boston Celtics. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Leon's story is just unbelievable. I think he is great and this team is great.

They are making Kobe and the Lakers look like shit and I don't mean THE SHIT.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast