Thread: Larry Brown for President of Basketball Operations?

AA ERA

Larry Brown for President of Basketball Operations?

That's a interesting move. I am not sure if Brown is going to be great in that role. He is more better off as a head coach. I don't see him lasting. I think he will stay there for one year and then he will go elsewhere to coach. I think the Cavs could do better than get Larry Brown. As great as a coach he is, it's little risky to hire him as president of basketball operations considering you never know what he will do. I expect him to coach in some city in 2006-2007 season.

It's a shame that there won't be buzz about Mike Brown as he will be the new Cavs coach since it will be all about Larry. This should be Mike Brown's day not Larry Brown, who is still under contract with the Pistons.

I have the same thoughts of you with Larry Brown as president of operations. I do think Pistons will be his last coaching job. His health is a problem. I think the only place you will find him is in the front office. I don't think will see him in a coaching position again in the NBA after Pistons.

MLB ERA
    Larry Brown is probably the last guy on the planet you want to have as the guy building your franchise. He wouldn't know good, young talent if it smacked him in the face. So not only is he one of the worst when it comes to personel decisions, but he won't even hold this title for the long term. He'll go back to coaching, IMO. I really don't like this move for Cleveland.

AA ERA
    Good point ATL. He really seems to hate using young guys so how will that factor in in Cleveland. Should be interesting to watch.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle