Thread: Oh, Henry: Adams says Titans want ex-Vol

MLB ERA

Oh, Henry: Adams says Titans want ex-Vol

If the Titans are able to strike a deal with the Buffalo Bills for running back Travis Henry, it would make one important person happy: owner Bud Adams.

"We're interested in Henry,'' Adams said yesterday from the NFL Meetings in Washington, D.C. "He wants to get out of Buffalo. We think he has a lot of ability. We think he has four good years left. Because of where he went to college I think he'd be real popular with the fans.

"I think he'd be a real good addition.''

The Titans and Bills first began discussing a trade involving the former University of Tennessee star during last month's NFL Draft, and the two sides continued dialogue on the subject into last week.

The Bills haven't moved away from their demand for a third-round pick in next year's draft in exchange for Henry. So far the Titans haven't been willing to go that high. They offered a fifth-round pick for Henry on draft day.

With Titans General Manager Floyd Reese currently out of town, talks with the Bills will probably be on hold for a bit. Henry has only has one year remaining on his current contract with the Bills, so the Titans would likely have to extend his deal as part of a trade.

Henry has two 1,000-yard seasons in his four years in the league, all with Buffalo. In 2002 he rushed for 1,438 yards, scored 13 touchdowns and was selected to the Pro Bowl. He followed that up in 2003 with 1,356 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Henry's playing time decreased in 2004, however, when the Bills turned the ball over to Willis McGahee, who was Buffalo's first-round pick in 2003. Henry has since said he wants out of Buffalo.

As for the Titans re-signing running back Eddie George, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, Adams didn't sound nearly as optimistic.

"Well, I'm not sure,'' Adams said. "Anything is a possibility.''

George, released by the Titans in July 2004 and played for the Dallas Cowboys last season, is a free agent. http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....505260427/1027
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Wow, I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Henry. Because we are going to S-U-C-K!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Henry also has a problem fumbling. I don't think Titans are a great fit for Henry. Atleast not long term. Brown is out for the season, and I predict as soon as Brown comes back next year. Henry will be put as back up once again, and then henry will start his whining. Not to mention Titans have only offered up a fifth round pick, and Buffalo wants atleast a 3rd round pick.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They offered a fifth-round pick for Henry on draft day.
    How the **** do you offer a crappy 5th round draft pick for a running back? The Bills should tell the Titans to **** themselves.

Send Lance Schulters their way, move Vincent back to CB.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    We need Lance at the Safety postion. Our defense is going to suck this year any ways.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

You're gonna cut him on June 1st anyway dude.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM