Thread: Pussified Football

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pussified Football

Pro football has once again made football closer to a woman's sport today. Sorry to all the ladies. Football has just banned the horse collar tackle because why? One ****ing player got hurt. Who was that player you ask? Terrell Owens of course. Football has got to get back to its roots. This was a man's game and has now become a pretty boy's game. You can no longer hit the QB with a getting a flag now. You can't hit a guy hard without getting a flag. What happen to the game I actually used to like as a kid? This is exactly why I don't watch games anymore and have no repsect for this game. Players are supposed to get hurt in this game. These guys wear pads for god's sake and still ***** and moan. Welcome to the new WNFL.

I thought like 3 players go hurt from it?

MLB ERA
    You are whining about players whining. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    I thought like 3 players go hurt from it?
    Calico from Tennessee in the preseason, Musa Smith in the Baltimore game and Owens. Sad that two of those were never in anyone's thoughts until now when they're nothing more than evidence to emphasise why they need to protect stars such as Owens.

Smith's injury, happened while he was stiff-arming Williams, as you can see from the video below the broken leg happened when Williams was stiff armed and landed on his leg. I'm not sure what caused the Calico injury.

BTW - Here's clips of the Owens and Smith injury, judge for yourselves (Note the horsecollar tackle is when you grab the back of the jersey and land on the legs)...

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    What happen to the game I actually used to like as a kid? This is exactly why I don't watch games anymore and have no repsect for this game. Players are supposed to get hurt in this game. These guys wear pads for god's sake and still ***** and moan. Welcome to the new WNFL.
    I'm assuming you were a 70s kid like me, the truth is 300 lb guys were an extreme rarity in the 80s, I doubt there was one in the 70s! If you were to line up the "big guys" from the early days compared to now it's a huge difference. Getting hit from a guy who weighs 250 lb is much different than getting hit from a guy who weighs 320, yet moves as quickly as the 250 guy. Sadly, look at the guys who played the game you loved in the 70s, check out how many died in the 90s, heck they didn't even know about concussions until the 80s (I forgot which Jets star receiver it was who "assumed" he suffered 11 concussions in his career) - while I wish the game were as physical now as it was then, I can see the NFL's point to protect the guys long-term.

BTW - Ronnie Lott, the tough SS, was 203 lbs. Williams is 30 lbs heavier.....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    But everyone here can see my point and that's why I know I am not alone. people cannot expect defensive backs not to tackle a certain way. Their whole job is to get the guy down by any means.

Rookie ERA
    I could not agree with you more. If TO hadnt gone down I bet we would'nt of hearded a thing about this this off-season. I think guys in the NFL are tough, when we start seeing them sidelined for have a feather scratch their eye(Mulholland) then we got a problem.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Turf Toe? Ring a bell? Guys used to be tough before million dollar salaries.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I would like to see corners being able to be more physical. There are some things I see like pushing and grabbing a guy that should be penalties. But bumping into the guy or making a little contact shouldn't be a penalty.

AAA ERA
    I thought this was a thread about soccer when I read the title.