Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Contender

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Reefer- thats understood on that part. I just hate De La Macerna.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Leonard wasnt the greatest but to mention De La Hoya in the same breath? Id rather watch paint dry than to see De La Hoya fight. You mention Leonards fight that he robbed Hagler in.

Do we dear mention Pernell's fight that he stole, how bout Trindad's, How bout the time he whined about losing to Moseley?

I dont have and will not have any respect for De La Macrena, ever.
    I never saw the fight against Whitaker so I wouldn't know. But he actually lost to Trinidad so he couldn't have stolen that one. I hate De La Hoya because he beat made a fool out of my icon/hero/favorite athlete of all time (Julio Cesar Chavez) He did gain more popularity then he should have because of his looks and charm but he was a fun boxer to watch in his prime.

And reefe I totally agree with you about Stalone. I mean sure he played a boxer in the movies but what gives him the right to be the star of the show. IMO they should have had Teddy Atlas. That guy knows more about boxing then just about anyone.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinValdez37
    I never saw the fight against Whitaker so I wouldn't know. But he actually lost to Trinidad so he couldn't have stolen that one. I hate De La Hoya because he beat made a fool out of my icon/hero/favorite athlete of all time (Julio Cesar Chavez) He did gain more popularity then he should have because of his looks and charm but he was a fun boxer to watch in his prime.

And reefe I totally agree with you about Stalone. I mean sure he played a boxer in the movies but what gives him the right to be the star of the show. IMO they should have had Teddy Atlas. That guy knows more about boxing then just about anyone.

The Whitaker fight was in De La Hoya's hometown. The crowd was cheering at a bunch of whiffs from the much more agile Pernell.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12