Thread: Minnesota and Boston might make biggest deal of Trading Deadline

Minnesota and Boston might make biggest deal of Trading Deadline

The Timberwolves and Celtics are close to or have completed (use whatever source you like for the close to or have completed decision) a big trade.

The Timberwolves would receive either

A. Two First-Rounders (I assume their own one back and the Celtics'), Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, and Theo Ratliff

or

B. Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, and Theo Ratliff

or

C. Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and a First Round pick

(I've heard all three)

The Celtics would receive

Kevin Garnett.

If this went through (especially possibility A)...holy crap.

A new report from Shira Springer of the Boston Globe says that Al Jefferson is not currently included in a potential trade for Kevin Garnett and that the deal is not imminent.
    According to Springer, the current trade stands with the Celtics sending Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett. Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment, which raises many questions, including how the teams would deal with Garnett's trade clause that calls for a 15 percent salary increase. Depending on which source you read, this trade is not a sure thing and there are still more questions than answers. In any case, it appears that Garnett is close to being traded to the Celtics.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Minnesota and Boston might make biggest deal of Trading Deadline

C is better. It'd be a rip off for Minnesota if they DON'T take Al Jefferson in that package. It's pretty typical of McHale if it does happen. Besides, KG's contract is too big to make it happen so they need to get rid of Al Jefferson to clear it up a little bit.

It's gonna be good for the Celtics in short-term, getting back into the playoffs. Possibly getting into the Eastern Conference Finals after so long would be wonderful. Minnesota is rebuilding and getting themselves all together before they can go any further like the playoffs in a few years from now at very least.

MLB ERA

I am going to fly to Minnesota and smack the ***** myself if Al Jefferson is not included.

You've got to be ****in' kidding me.

Hang McHale like they did in the 50's if he doesn't get AJ in return.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Minnesota should have taken trade C during draft day when Boston would have included its #5 overall pick in the deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Green is just a dunker, Telfair is destined to ball behind bars, Ratliff is something best suited on a contender, and.. Boston was too trigger happy to deal Jefferson. I can see Bill Simmons crying now at Al leaving.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Boston's going to suck anyway.

They lost Delonte West, the best player in the NBA.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Green is just a dunker, Telfair is destined to ball behind bars, Ratliff is something best suited on a contender, and.. Boston was too trigger happy to deal Jefferson. I can see Bill Simmons crying now at Al leaving.
    The reason the Wolves is taking Ratliff in the package is that he's an expiring contract when the next season is over. Same thing with Gomes. Jefferson is coming in for cheap. Telfair is eh, to back up Randy Foye or something. I really wish Rondo can be involved in that trade than Telfair. They will have money left but not too much because of those massive contracts of three Wolves players (Blount, Jaric, Hudson).

Looks like the Wolves is going to have to buy out Hudson. Another money woe for crappy Wolves.

No way the Celtics put Rondo in there. You'd lose Green and another piece out of that deal, maybe a first rounder. At this point, he's the only marginally good PG on the roster (Bassy was horrible) and this team desperately needs a distributor at the point.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This is a bad move for the Wolves. Telfair is garbage. I hope someone beats the crap out of Mchale.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
    No way the Celtics put Rondo in there. You'd lose Green and another piece out of that deal, maybe a first rounder. At this point, he's the only marginally good PG on the roster (Bassy was horrible) and this team desperately needs a distributor at the point.
    What would Green do? Just doing the dunks he could? We're pretty filled in the G/Small Forward position. I don't want Bassy here, either. If I were the GM, I will demand Rondo or forget KG, simply said.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

It's official. Garnett is now a Celtic.